1975 Interceptor III Convertible # 2311 1818

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
wgrubbs

1975 Interceptor III Convertible # 2311 1818

Post by wgrubbs »

Hi,
I am the person who paid K&D to restore 1975 Interceptor III Convertible # 2311 1818.

It was sold to a fellow in the Detroit/Chicago area, IIRC.

Does anyone know what happened to this car?

It was one of the last cars Doug restored.

Thanks in advance.

Andy
Series3Jensen

Re: 1975 Interceptor III Convertible # 2311 1818

Post by Series3Jensen »

Hi Andy

The person who currently owns your car is i believe Shawn Conway of Piedmont CA
I sent him an original, for sale article on your car earlier this year
I will e-mail him and advise him of your interest through the Forum and leave him to contact you directly

Kind regards

Jim Smith
Mem No 1639
136/8791 RJF 17 owned since September 1978
wgrubbs

Post by wgrubbs »

Thanks!
Doug fitted every possible upgrade on that car. Multi-port Fuel Injection, 17" wheels, big brakes, R-134a A/C, new GM wiring harness, new leather, new top, etc. It is painted Maserati Red, which is a very bright orange-red that almost glows

Frankly, the car was so perfect that I was somewhat scared of driving it around and having it scratched or dinged. That is why I sold it.

I am currently re-restoring my 1973 Saloon which I purchased from Oklahoma in 1989. It is rust-free and I am going over every system and bringing it up to speed. I just ad the engine re-built by a MOPAR pro to run on E15 93 octane fuel and also had the A-727 transmission and torque converter rebuilt.

One day it will be done...
scjensen

Post by scjensen »

thanks for the email message Jim.

Hello Andy, nice to meet you. Yes, I am the owner of 1818. Bought it years ago from the person you sold it to who did not even keep it a year I believe. The car remains absolutely spectacular! I have another convertible too but once I got the one you had done by Doug, there was nothing that could compare so that one gets little use. I've upgraded the headlights and related wiring for better night driving but, other than that, we've only been doing regular maintenance. My wife loves it (her favorite of my classics by far) and it is our official "date car" for those drives to the California coast and wine country.

I never got any of the records of the car or pictures of the restoration - any chance you have them still? Doug checked to see if he had anything but came up empty from that far back. I'd love to have some more history.

You'll notice it is also my account picture.

Regards,
Shawn
Attachments
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3d.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3d.jpg (249.72 KiB) Viewed 1844 times
1975 Interceptor Convertible
1976 Interceptor Convertible
BritArms

Post by BritArms »

Hi Guys..I too remember the car,,Doug told me your engine bay was the best he had done, Which was rather disappointing seeing as he restored my car just before yours..Mine was the triple black also with fuel injection and all the other K & D touches..Wiring, cooling etc etc etc. Anyway I ended up selling that to a guy in Germany,,Lost my shirt on the sale But since then Bought Dougs personal car, His Black MK 1 ( Not Merlin , that was Kerrys ). Had it now for 10 trouble free years and it still looks like the day I bought it, Only thing I have had too do to it is have the fuel tank cleaned out. Anyway I think it might be time to downsize again..Anyone interested in surly what must be one of the Best MK 1s in the World,,The Fact that it was owned by hands down the Jensen Guru himself for 30 + years must make it quite sought after
wgrubbs

Post by wgrubbs »

I had a CD full of pictures which Doug took during the restoration process. I thought I gave that CD to the buyer? The question is: did I make a copy of that CD before the car was shipped to the Detroit/Chicago area?

Right now, we are living in a rental house while we build a new (smaller) house near Hillsborough, NC. Many things from my home office are in storage and I will not likely get to them for 4-6 months.

I will keep an eye out, however.

Doug and Kerry may have the pictures on their computers?

Nice to know where the car ended up. It is really better suited for California than NC. We only have two months in the spring and two months in the fall where it is comfortable to ride top-down.
I intend to restore my 73 Saloon to a far lesser standard and make it a daily driver. I may even wait a while to have it repainted (red) so I will not worry about paint chips and parking lots!

I also am toying with installing a Tremec Magnum 6-speed manual transmission. American Powertrain can supply a kit to do the whole install. It will cost $7K, however, plus my labor. Not sure if it is worth it...

Thanks,
Andy
RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

A manual would be cool. But if you want a modern automatic…

Consider a GM 4L60e swap. Described in a JOC Magazine, and in my build thread on 133-5597.

Rocky
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Series3Jensen

Post by Series3Jensen »

Hi Andrew and BritArms

Do you have the Chassis No of the cars that you currently own - for my records on all Interceptors?

Send me a PM if you prefer

KInd regards

JIm Smith
Mem No 1639
136/8791 RJF 17 owned since September 1978
wgrubbs

Post by wgrubbs »

140/8233

Return to “General Discussion”