Travel to England...

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Arne

Travel to England...

Post by Arne »

Hi,
since I read in the german newspaper that the supermarket shelves in England are largely empty, the question arises whether I need to bring fresh vegetables
and fruits when I travel to England (lincoln) on Thursday for a week? Indeed it would be good to take a little off but I don´t want to hunger.... :lol:

Arne
zacmarshall

Re: Travel to England...

Post by zacmarshall »

It's not as bad as some would have you believe.

Being it's Lincolnshire where most veg is grown you will be OK as long as you find a farm shop.

Before everyone starts piling in, please can we not restart the whole Brexit thing, this is a car forum, the moderators have enough on their plates as it is
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Arne

Post by Arne »

Ok, just a little joke...
In fact I´m looking forward traveling to Lincoln helping my daugther with her new home.
The only thing what I will bring with me is a box of beer....

Regards Arne
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Arne, you may want to take some local beer back with you, there are some very good breweries in Lincolnshire (my in laws are up near Grimsby).

Have a good trip
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

zacmarshall wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:24 am the moderators have enough on their plates as it is
There's a joke about food shortages in there somewhere...
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Arne wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:15 pm Ok, just a little joke...
In fact I´m looking forward traveling to Lincoln helping my daugther with her new home.
The only thing what I will bring with me is a box of beer....

Regards Arne
All that you see in news papers is just scaremongering... and bad planning by planners..
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Arne, the shelves of my local supermarket are not "largely empty". A better description would be "largely full"! Some particular items in some areas are having supply problems, but there are usually alternatives. We have not yet reached the stage of begging for food parcels from our continental friends!
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

...But bring a packed lunch with you just in case (das ist ein guter witz ja :lol: !)

Return to “General Discussion”