JOC Magazine

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
NHK10P

JOC Magazine

Post by NHK10P »

Recent additions of the magazine, whilst listing new members, does not list the cars that the new members own. It would be good to have an appreciation of what "new" cars that are joining and also occasionally a breakdown of the total membership number in terms of the different Jensen models registered with the JOC.
Tim Hatcher
North Devon
Mk1 JH
Jensen GT (2 of)
MGC GTS (all steel)
AC 3000me
MGBs various states
David Davies

Re: JOC Magazine

Post by David Davies »

A very good point, NHK10P.

I like the magazine a lot and have previously provided feedback to the Editor. Jensen Owners Club is a slightly odd title for the magazine. How about Jensen World in larger stand-out lettering The pictures of the 541 remind me how beautiful these cars are and the colour is perfect.

I was very interested in the Vice Chairman’s career and he obviously brings many skills to the job. There is however no vision as to how the club could change and develop in the next five years and no specific targets on which to be measured. It is therefore likely to drift. I come from an environment with specific targets and 360 degree feedback plus client and regulator feedback. Sometimes bracing but actually essential. The club is not a business but it does not stop it operating in a business-like way.
Jensen S-Type Tourer 1938 S44
Alvis Speed 25 SC Charlesworth Saloon 1938
Mercedes CL 600 V12 2001
Used to own 1938 S-Type Tourer S34, CV8 MkII 104/2229 and CV8 MkIII 112/2457
Author of Jensen: The Surviving 3 1/2 & 4 1/4 Litre Cars
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

We do have to mindful that some new members don't own [Jensen] cars and are maybe (or not) looking for one.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
kees

Post by kees »

David Davies wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:17 am I was very interested in the Vice Chairman’s career and he obviously brings many skills to the job. There is however no vision as to how the club could change and develop in the next five years and no specific targets on which to be measured. It is therefore likely to drift. I come from an environment with specific targets and 360 degree feedback plus client and regulator feedback. Sometimes bracing but actually essential. The club is not a business but it does not stop it operating in a business-like way.
Be thankful the club and magazine is run by enthusiasts and not necessarily "professionals".
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

We really have a great, stylish, and superbly produced magazine, befitting these great cars - something that we can all be proud of.

I think in might be fun to annually compile a summary of the types of cars of the new membership over the year.

Rocky
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
David Davies

Post by David Davies »

Hi Rocky USA

I was indeed fullsome in my praise of the magazine and a few months ago when no feedback had been received was one of the only ones to contact the Editor.

There is no harm in the committee having a clear plan with some objectives and targets which everyone buys into. It is possible to be enthusiastic and professional.
Mercedes CL 600 V12 2001
Keith

Post by Keith »

David Davies wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:17 am Jensen Owners Club is a slightly odd title for the magazine. How about Jensen World in larger stand-out lettering

The title of the magazine is (was) "Jensen". Not sure why it has changed?
David Davies wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:17 am. There is however no vision as to how the club could change and develop in the next five years and no specific targets on which to be measured. It is therefore likely to drift. I come from an environment with specific targets and 360 degree feedback plus client and regulator feedback. Sometimes bracing but actually essential. The club is not a business but it does not stop it operating in a business-like way.
David Davies wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:44 am Taking the annual club day, the venue and aura of an Alvis, Lagonda,VSCC or RREC day, for example, is quite different to the JOC. None use a conference centre car park for the event and they tend to have a warmth and conviviality.
David Davies wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:17 am some stuff on this Forum from a quite small contingent is a major turn off for many in the wider membership or prospective members
You seem to be keen to criticise your club recently David, but I'm not (and please correct me if I'm wrong) seeing any constructive remedys from you.

And what is the "some stuff on this Forum from a quite small contingent is a major turn off" stuff all about. You cannot throw that one in with explaining yourself!
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

Hi David -

I thought I was agreeing with you!

Rocky
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Oxymoron

Post by Oxymoron »

I preferred the previous glossy Jensen magazine to the current one, which looks more like some photocopies stapled together in comparison.
JOC Member 10887
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Hi, Keith. I finalled nailed you. In your reply to David you said "remedys". That should require the word "remedies". You have been deplatformed and are required to send back your illuminated certificate of dubious merit issued by the Dagenham Primary School. Kenny38 :)
David Davies

Post by David Davies »

Keith

I responded to you points showing how in each case I have made positive suggestions. It appears to have been deleted so I will forthwith resign from the club
Mercedes CL 600 V12 2001
David Davies

Post by David Davies »

My book will also no longer be available through the club. Produced at my own financial risk, the club had never commissioned or sponsored such a publication but is quite happy to cream off a handsome profit margin. The Vice Chairman believes I am being condescending in suggesting a plan with some objectives and measures. Laughable.

My boo is available from on jensensandh@aol.com and shortly on Ebay
Mercedes CL 600 V12 2001
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Hi David,
I did not moderate or remove your post, so I cannot comment. I can't currently see any other moderation either.

I must say that, whatever your relationship with the Club, your book remains a great asset to the Jensen marque.

Stephen [Moderator]
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Keith

Post by Keith »

David Davies wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:04 am Keith

I responded to you points showing how in each case I have made positive suggestions. It appears to have been deleted so I will forthwith resign from the club
I haven't seen your "positive suggestions" which I why I commented. They certainly should not have been deleted and whoever did this should hold their hand up and explain.

Resigning from the club because someone does not agree with you is not the way forward. You should stick with the strength of your convictions and actually do something about what you perceive to be the club's shortcomings. That's the only way the club can move forward.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

I've checked the logs as well, as Stephen says there is no record of your post being deleted.

We did have an issue with a bot indexing the main website which resulting in increased response times / time outs, could it be that the post failed and you didn't notice? Not sure if an error would come up or if it would just go back to the previous page. It will also slow things down with the forum running within the web page.

Please reconsider your resignation.
VFK44 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:30 am Hi David,
I did not moderate or remove your post, so I cannot comment. I can't currently see any other moderation either.

I must say that, whatever your relationship with the Club, your book remains a great asset to the Jensen marque.

Stephen [Moderator]
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061

Return to “General Discussion”