JOC Magazine

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
David Davies

Re: JOC Magazine

Post by David Davies »

The post was sent by me and it was deleted. Keith with no surname who is very quick to come down on anyone who suggests something new, did not read my suggestions in posts over recent days: Jensen World for mag title, grassy, scenic location for the International Sunday making it more welcoming to the wider membership of Sunday-only people, the Vice Chairman to come up with a plan with objectives and measures which people can buy into. Forum comments were given privately to the Committee some weeks ago as that was more appropriate.

More concerning is the Vice Chairman's private message that he finds my suggestion that the club needs a vision as to where it is heading over the next 5 years and a plan with objectives and measures. He finds it insulting and condescending. I come from an environment where one was constantly challenged and ideas from the team actively encouraged, in an open forum. I would question his fitness for office if he cannot take a few generic suggestions - to which he could have responded yes I am putting together a draft plan which I will circulate for comments and ideas.

Compared to other clubs, such as Alvis, Lagonda, Rolls Royce and Riley, this club has always had a woeful lack of interest in the marque's earlier heritage. This continues.

I have not further place in this club.
Jensen S-Type Tourer 1938 S44
Alvis Speed 25 1938
Mercedes CL 600 V12 2001
Used to own 1938 S-Type Tourer S34
Used to own CV8 MkII 104/2229
Used to own CV8 MkIII 112/2457
Author of Jensen: The Surviving 3 1/2 & 4 1/4 Litre Cars
Keith

Post by Keith »

David Davies wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:04 am Keith with no surname who is very quick to come down on anyone who suggests something new,
Nor sure where you're getting that impression from? All I have have asked for is clarity when you've been complaining about your club.

I have been in the club for (I think) about 38 years. As well as always encouraging new ideas, a lot of them have been mine. So I think you're confusing me with someone else.

I would sleep on it before officially resigning from the club; if you really want the club to improve, then be the instigator!

[Is "instigator" spelt correctly Kenny?]

Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Just to reiterate that if the post has gone missing, for some technical reason, it has NOT been deleted by human hand. We have automatic logs to keep track of that sort of thing, and they show no deletions in that time period apart from one duplicate post by another member.

Stephen [moderator]
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

I’m sorry to read it has come to this David. I read your comments and thought they were valid and constructive. The club has and benefits from a diverse membership - even when we all don’t see things the same way. Be it how to run a successful club, restore a car, or post on the forum especially when one feels passionately about something (I’m guilty on all those!).

I hope you reconsider resigning David, but if not, I’d just like to say reading your book brought me much pleasure, interest and heightened awareness of the history and ownership of early Jensen motor cars. You have done much to promote the Jensen marque among the wider public and we should all thank you for that.

Hope to see you back on the forum soon widening our appreciation of early Jensens and challenging us all from time to time.

Best wishes

Stuart
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Keith wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:32 am
David Davies wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:04 am Keith

I responded to you points showing how in each case I have made positive suggestions. It appears to have been deleted so I will forthwith resign from the club
Resigning from the club because someone does not agree with you is not the way forward. You should stick with the strength of your convictions and actually do something about what you perceive to be the club's shortcomings. That's the only way the club can move forward.
Trouble is, if you stick to your convictions to make change, your accused of being a bully, delusional or a trouble maker
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Dear VFK44
I sent two scurrilous messages on this subject. Both were highly defamatory, totally subjective, bitter and devoid of any literary merit. Neither seems to have been published. Have I been deplatformed? From a self rightous little git. Kenny38 :D
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Mysterious. I've sent a p.m.

[Edited to add, Kenny and I have concluded this was some sort of technical hitch, possibly due to posting at the same time as someone else and missing the warning message which requires agreement before it posts].
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

David Davies wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:04 am The post was sent by me and it was deleted.
No post from David, or anyone else, has been deleted.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
MikeWilliams
Early Cars Expert

Post by MikeWilliams »

What a shame that the club has lost such a great asset - an active member who has done so much to promote Jensen cars. The research work he did had never been attempted before and he contributed a great deal to this forum, the magazine and other publications, all of which helped to promote Jensens. He was a great ambassador for Jensen Motors and absolutely typical of David that he self-published his book and then suggested it be sold solely through the JOC at what I suspect did not even cover his costs so that they, rather than he, would have the profit. He's not the first and I am sure he won't be the last to have been upset by the self-styled "friendly club".

I am sure all that met him at car events will agree that David is also such a nice chap - the type of customer the Jensen Brothers would have been pleased to supply.

I hope the committee will consider this carefully and not just brush it off as yet another disgruntled ex-member.

Mike
Mike
(former JOC Early Cars Registrar)
(former owner of 116/3328 and P66)
Still own 1938 Jensen HL1 drophead
Grant

Post by Grant »

David Davies wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:04 am Keith
I responded to you points showing how in each case I have made positive suggestions. It appears to have been deleted
David, In the past when I have written a reply or a new post and then hit the submit button I have noticed it hadn't actually been posted, I have realised that this is because someone else has posted at the same time as I did, therefor my post hadn't been posted..it could have been that and probably was..In all of the posts I have ever posted "None" have ever been deleted by others, I don't think that really happensImage, apart from one posting where someone complained to the Chairman about something I had posted, it was an Emoji that they didn't likeImage
Maybe try not to take this issue so personally David?Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage

Return to “General Discussion”