The value of an MOT test

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Wolfgang

Re: The value of an MOT test

Post by Wolfgang »

Dave,
the same with me/us as garage owners. In minimum our customers are coming twice a year, getting the car prepared for the winter season, then checking them for the summer season ( we're much often transporting them via our trailer, so they're not started before being checked in our garage) and if occurring problems during the year or to prepare for racing all of the year (and for keuring)
Even my own cars, the AC Cobra is dated 1968, The GT40 1969, the Jensen 1974 (beside many others in the same age), they need the same care as me (and I'm born 1964)
The last 2 years I was more often at the doctor than the 20 years before.

That's what we're providing to our customers - oldtimer friends - a service you can rely on.

And you're right - none of these cars is free of problems.

Have a nice day
Wolfgang
Jensen Interceptor MKIII convertible
Ford GT 40
Ferrari F430 F1 (sold)
Lotus Super Seven (Westfield)
Mercedes SLK AMG
and some others...
www.doctors-garage.be
Kevin Birch

Re: The value of an MOT test

Post by Kevin Birch »

I've got a good tester locally, understands older cars but I did have to explain how the Cam Gears steering rack works on my car, but he accepted it. The garage owner has a Frogeye, and the tester a Datsun 260Z so in good hands.
My ex-wife put her car into a well known tyre and MOT chain, to have the car fail on exhaust and drop links. They then tried to sell her a full exhaust, but my mechanic son had a look when doing the drop links, to find an exhaust clamp needed replacing to fix a slight blow. But worse was the 2 front tyres were illegal as they were worn through to the canvas on the inner edge, and one of the rear springs was broken. He complained, they refunded the MOT cost, but he still reported them to VOSA as the car was dangerous.
The cowboys are still out there.
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067

Return to “General Discussion”