JOC International - Change of venue for drive out Saturday 11 September

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
shaun

JOC International - Change of venue for drive out Saturday 11 September

Post by shaun »

Due to a number of reasons, we will not be attending the Abingdon Air and Country Show on Saturday 11 September.
Proposals for drive by etc disallowed at late stage by Civil Aviation and Military Aviation Authorities.

Instead, we have arranged a visit to the Atwell-Wilson Car Museum in nearby Calne.
Arrival around 11,00 when museum opens.

Atwell-Wilson Motor Museum
Stockley Lane
Calne
Wiltshire SN11 0NF

About 30 minute drive. JOC will cover entry fees.

We are trying to find a suitable hostelry for lunch/afternoon tea for the drive back.

Country route off main roads being developed.
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
Mark1Stu

Re: JOC International - Change of venue for drive out Saturday 11 September

Post by Mark1Stu »

From memory it's a nice museum with an eclectic mix of cars. Worth a look around, has ample parking, and out door seating for the essential cuppa and cake.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

How frustrating. We appreciate the work you have put into trying to get this organised, but there will probably be a few sighs of relief from those who fancy a lie-in.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
shaun

Post by shaun »

Just so members know what has been going on, I have copied some of the correspondence between the JOC and the show's car club representative.
It has been very disappointing but at least we now have an alternative destination.

Hi Shaun,

Yes, I did receive your email but have been pretty busy on the show programme and didn't want to send a reply that didn't do you or your decision justice.

Honestly, there is no need to feel sorry, I agreed with you and Neil that we would run the crowd-line parade. Neil and I even went to the airfield where we discussed how it would be done.

However, firstly the MAA stuck their nose in wanting more marshals, but we thought we had it covered until the CAA also decided to put their two-penneth in wanting even more and then it all went belly up!

I completely understand your views and your reasons for pulling out this year but I hope it is only for this year and that you will consider coming to the show in forthcoming years?

I don't know what you actually have planned for next weekend but I am sure it will be good fun and you'll all have a great time. Perhaps a nice road-run well away from any pesky air shows?!?

Take care, good luck with next weekend and I expect a full report post-event!

Cheers,
Malcolm

Sent from Outlook

Sent: 05 September 2021 17:18
To: 'Malcolm
Subject: FW: Abingdon Air & Country Show 2021 - Jensen Owners Information and Photos

Malcolm,

I presume you received the email, copied below?

Regards

Shaun

Sent: 03 September 2021 08:09
To: 'Malcolm

Subject: RE: Abingdon Air & Country Show 2021 - Jensen Owners Information and Photos

Malcolm,

Sorry for not getting back sooner following our Committee meeting on Wednesday.

I won’t go into details but suffice to say the Club will not be attending this year’s Abingdon Air and Country Show.

It was mine and the Club’s hope that we would be able to do something different and unique for the Club’s 50th Anniversary.

Due to the restrictions now placed on our visit, these are not what the Club was looking for and consequently the Club feels not appropriate for our anniversary event.

Very sorry Malcolm.

Regards

Shaun
Last edited by shaun on Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Much as I would have enjoyed an air show, the extremely early start wasn't very tempting to be honest and to hear of this alternative is good news from my perspective!
Thank you Shaun 8)
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
rmangroo

Post by rmangroo »

Thanks Shaun,

Look forward to the event. Thanks for your hard work on organising it.

See you Friday!

Raj
Raj Mangroo (She/Her)
JOC Regalia Secretary, regalia@joc.org.uk
JOC IT Officer, it@joc.org.uk
shaun

Post by shaun »

Final piece of the jigsaw now hopefully put together.

We have an allocated area at the Roebuck, London Road, Marlborough SN8 2AJ from 14.00 on Saturday 11th for the return from the Atwell-Wilson Museum should you require food and sustenance.
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822

Return to “General Discussion”