Geoff Collis MBE.

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Alan Smith

Geoff Collis MBE.

Post by Alan Smith »

It is with great sadness that I have to inform you that long time active member Geoff Collis has passed away. Geoff worked for Rolls Royce at Derby for 42 years and was awarded the MBE for services to the Engineering Industry. His Jensen Interceptor was a beautiful blue, registration WHO 4J which he owned for 13 years and won silver in concours. Geoff died peacefully on 25th August at the age of 79 after a long illness, his death was not Covid related.

Alan & Jean Smith
Jean.
shaun

Re: Geoff Collis MBE.

Post by shaun »

That is really sad news.

I really enjoyed meeting up with Geoff. His Rolls Royce stories were legendary.

Condolences to all his family and friends.

RIP Geoff.
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

This is such sad news, Diane and I have some really great memories with Geoff and Val at Stoneleigh and the International, one of our best memories was when Alan Smith was sat at one end of the table telling stories of how he and his crew trying to break Boeings best work and Geoff at the other end of the table saying how Boeing use to repair them

Geoff was a lovely man and will be much missed
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

I am so sorry to hear this news.
He was a real gentleman and an inspiration to me during JOC International events Concours 10+ years ago.
An interesting chap and one who was always smiling - he also loved taking to the dance floor at every event I saw him at!
I send sincere condolences to Geoff's family. RIP.
Geoff servicing his car at a 2008 Technical day at Appleyards. Geoff is kneeling.
Geoff servicing his car at a 2008 Technical day at Appleyards. Geoff is kneeling.
CIMG1654_800x600.JPG (170.17 KiB) Viewed 1305 times
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Helen

Post by Helen »

That's very sad news. He was quite a character and I have many memories of Geoff at Jensen events over the years. I would like to offer my condolences to Val and the family.
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II

Return to “General Discussion”