Sp V5

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Grant

Sp V5

Post by Grant »

Out of interest,Image on a V5(log book) of an SP, does it say "Jensen SP" or "Jensen Interceptor"?Image..Doe anyone know? Tim?
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Clive Bishop

Re: Sp V5

Post by Clive Bishop »

Could be anything, my Interceptor J series is shown on the MOT as a CV8! V5 is just Interceptor.
1973 Interceptor Mk III 136/8332 - Moss Green
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 11362 - Magenta - Owned by Lindsey
1972 Jensen Healey Mk 1 10343 - Sadly too far gone and so now a donor car
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 12504 - Sold for potential restoration / racer
Grant

Post by Grant »

Clive Bishop wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:35 am Could be anything, my Interceptor J series is shown on the MOT as a CV8! V5 is just Interceptor.
Thank you Clive, I know DVLA don't seem to get too much right CliveImage, but I have found the SP V5 does actually state SP no mention of Interceptor, so I have my answer now Mr Man :P
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Clive Bishop

Post by Clive Bishop »

In a vast majority cases it is pot luck if it is right or not - some will be SP other maybe something else.

All down to the change to digital records and the dropdown boxes not being selected properly by the munchkins in VOSA / DVLA. Several cases that I know of that a Morris minor being registered as a Morris Oxford and vice versa....so not just a Jensen affliction. I know that John Pyms car is a CV8 on the MOT side of things as well.

A right pain in the rear end to get changed on the MOT, have tried but gave up trying to get through to the right person or in the dreaded loop of not my department, but them and vice versa.
1973 Interceptor Mk III 136/8332 - Moss Green
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 11362 - Magenta - Owned by Lindsey
1972 Jensen Healey Mk 1 10343 - Sadly too far gone and so now a donor car
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 12504 - Sold for potential restoration / racer
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

Mine says "2 axel ridged body" !
jvcarrier

Post by jvcarrier »

Both of mine say SP AUTO.
Kevin Birch

Post by Kevin Birch »

Apparently mines black, it has been white, silver, light blue and dark blue, I know because none of it has ever been removed, :shock: but never black!! At least my Cortina V5 states Lotus, so no issue there, but I know others don't, which must be a nightmare these days with potential clones.
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

If you are a Bristol car owner, you may well have a similar problem. Back in 1965? the Bristol Bus company, which had very little connection by then with Bristol Cars, fell into the ownership of Leyland, otherwise known as BLMC. When the records were digitised in the 70s, some bright spark changed the name of all Bristol Cars to Bristol BLMC. Almost half a century, this error persists when you use some drop-down tables to insure cars or search for one on sale. I suppose there are not enough cars around to make it worthwhile to fix.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex

Return to “General Discussion”