Myths and Legends

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Peter Rothery

Myths and Legends

Post by Peter Rothery »

That Kenny......he's a boy!!!!! From this month's Classic Car magazine in the UK.
quentin.jpg
quentin.jpg (77.55 KiB) Viewed 3633 times
johnw

Re: Myths and Legends

Post by johnw »

The Princess Anne legend has been set in print! Well done Kenny!
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

She kept the SP well hidden under a "tarp".
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

I believe Princess Anne kept her Scimitar SP for many years....
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Martin R wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:02 pm I believe Princess Anne kept her Scimitar SP for many years....
Clearly mistaken GTE for SP
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
shaun

Post by shaun »

Right,

A couple of years ago I contacted HRH Princess Anne's private secretary.Amazing if you search the Buck House web site.

I asked about confirming if the Princess had ever had a Jensen.

After a couple of weeks, I had response.

The definitive answer was NO. HRH did NOT have a Jensen. Scimitars yes even other Reliant models.

Sadly, when i wrecked my previous computer hard drive, I lost the email response.

Believe me or not but I know!
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

She probably doesn't remember Kenny's SP being delivered to the Palace as she might have been having a pizza with her sweaty brother at the time...he was keen on the "Ferguson" formula as well for a while by all accounts. Maybe we can get Quentin to endorse the idea of Royal FF ownership as well....
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Martin R wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:02 pm I believe Princess Anne kept her Scimitar SP for many years....
When Kenny took ownership he had to turf out a corgi, so he could install a goat and a cat. Big problems though, with the goat chewing the Jensen's fibreglass bodywork.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
johnw

Post by johnw »

colin7673 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:46 pm
Clearly mistaken GTE for SP
Pour a little sugar on it Kenny! Isn't that the song? Way to go!!! Interceptors to Infinity and beyond! https://youtu.be/M23ZKE2g_Ag
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Well to all you non beleivers. The salesman 33 years ago told me my SP was ordered especially for HRH Princess Ann back in '72. She wanted a special paint job and so a colour was made for her called Nugget Gold. There was was only one SP made in this colour of course. Apparently HRH was not terribly enthused by the colour and fuel consumption so it was onsold to a head master of a very toffee public school. I sent an Email to Calver R. asking for confirmation but to date he hasn't replied with much of an answer except an unhelpful email with just one word ....CRAP!!. The SP was indeed Nugget Gold when I bought her. There was also a reciept made out to Clarence House by The Savoy in the boot along with hoodies, masking tape and cable ties plus a shovel. Truely a historic car. Next week pictures of Prince Philip sitting in the boot. I have always kept a low profile in fear of thieves. Kenny38 8)
shaun

Post by shaun »

Ok,
Sorry Kenny, I was only going by what I had been advised. OK but on a technicality, HRH Princess Anne didn't have an Interceptor. It was an SP!!!
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
ajc9415

Post by ajc9415 »

kenny38 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:17 am …….. in the boot along with hoodies, masking tape and cable ties plus a shovel.
Prince Andrew must have borrowed it for one of his nights out……..
Adrian
1974 Interceptor Mk III 2240-9415
JOC Member 9648
Julian

Post by Julian »

Kenny - you believed a car salesman ?
BMW M635csi (Dinan 3.8) & 1976 Interceptor Convertible
Kevin Birch

Post by Kevin Birch »

An interesting story about princess Anne. a good number of years ago she was due to arrive at the ICC Birmingham (where I work) to do a presentation for one of her charities and was supposed to arrive by helicopter. Apparently there was a problem with the helicopter, and whilst her security team were working out what to do, she jumped in her Scimitar and just drove straight up here. Our security were confused as they were not expecting her to be driving herself, fortunately the guard on the gate recognised her. She has a Middlebridge scimitar and has had many after being given one as a birthday present by Her Maj. Charles got an Aston convertible, not sure what the other 2 were given.
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

Kevin Birch wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:25 am Charles got an Aston convertible, not sure what the other 2 were given.
An SP and and FF obviously! Ask Kenny38.

Return to “General Discussion”