1935 Jensen 'Woodie"

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Nick Maltby

1935 Jensen 'Woodie"

Post by Nick Maltby »

I found this in my "inbox" this morning and wanted to share it with you.

From the advertiser's description, this car maybe known to older Club members -

https://hymanltd.com/vehicles/6994-1935 ... ing-brake/

Nick
https://www.carsceneinternational.com/
Jensen Motors draughtsman 1959 - 1961 and 1964 - 1967.
zacmarshall

Re: 1935 Jensen 'Woodie"

Post by zacmarshall »

Oi less of the old :-)

I would love that car, but from memory I couldn't reach the pedals, Bill Smith (the guy that owned and restored it) is a fair bit taller than me.

It would be really good to see this car in the flesh again. Many happy memories of the car at Fougeres and also of picking up a water pump for it in Holland (think it was the water pump, the late Paul Vierhout used his contacts to track one down).

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32682
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Kevin Birch

Post by Kevin Birch »

Great article. I remember on the Turin trip Bill and Shaun talking about the woodie, me being a novice in the Jensen world back then, and still a youngster now, hadn't got a clue what they were on about. Now I know, what a show stopper, it'll probably end up with the Pebble Beach gang as they love the one offs. :( Nice to know Bill's efforts haven't gone to waste though. :)
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

This car went to the USA a few years ago and it was sold to a true Jensen enthusiast, with many different Jensen models, clearly now he's thinking of cutting back now he is no longer working.
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
kees

Post by kees »

zacmarshall wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:46 am Oi less of the old :-)

I would love that car, but from memory I couldn't reach the pedals, Bill Smith (the guy that owned and restored it) is a fair bit taller than me.

It would be really good to see this car in the flesh again. Many happy memories of the car at Fougeres and also of picking up a water pump for it in Holland (think it was the water pump, the late Paul Vierhout used his contacts to track one down).

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32682
It was the water pump. Paul Vierhout somehow got hold of one in Apeldoorn on a Sunday. It was fitted in torrential rain at a car show in the grounds of the Royal Palace 't Loo during an International weekend of Het Jensen Genootschap Holland in I think 2001.
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977

Return to “General Discussion”