Sale of New Diesel Lorries Banned From 2040.

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
AH1951

Re: Sale of New Diesel Lorries Banned From 2040.

Post by AH1951 »

Ridiculous location for the door-mounted rear-view-mirrors, sticking out on long stalks like that.
Should be close to the body and fed with signals from rear-facing cameras, image laterally inverted, clear line-of-sight from display screen not required.
Screenshot_20210716-194320_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210716-194320_Samsung Internet.jpg (62.82 KiB) Viewed 2521 times
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

If diesel lorry are no longer going to be sold after 2040, when will they stop selling diesel generators to recharge electric cars and what about the trailer refrigerators that help to keep the food fresh or frozen ??

Just a thought
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

VFK44 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:44 pm Hydrogen motors ... A way forward for those of us who like our pistons and crankshafts?
Ross Brawn, who now runs F1, apparently agrees with me! He has come out in favour of hydrogen powered internal combustion engines in the sport, as this will keep the noise and the drama of F1.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

VFK44 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:44 pm
Ross Brawn, who now runs F1, apparently agrees with me!
surely the other way around :lol:
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

No, I said on this Forum first. He is reading my posts. He can obviously spot an alpha male and is just following my lead.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Stephen,
Ross Brawn and now Lord Bamford, the JCB man.
You really started a trend.
But even he has to pretend there's a Climate Crisis.
:D

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... MFORD.html

Screenshot_20211103-120215_Daily Mail Online.jpg
Screenshot_20211103-120215_Daily Mail Online.jpg (97.09 KiB) Viewed 2217 times
Coverte

Post by Coverte »

AH1951 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:18 am Ross Brawn and now Lord Bamford, the JCB man.

This is very good, getting the message out in mainstream media (whatever my own feelings about the DMail style reporting may be!!).

Lord Bamford also did a great hydrogen interview on Harrys Garage,
and separately on his Harrys Farm channel, he very well explains and totally debunks the lazy UK journalism about beef / cows (in UK) , the American cow/beef farming is another story - more lazy uninformed UK journalism.
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Coverte wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:27 pm
AH1951 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:18 am Ross Brawn and now Lord Bamford, the JCB man.

This is very good, getting the message out in mainstream media (whatever my own feelings about the DMail style reporting may be!!).

Lord Bamford also did a great hydrogen interview on Harrys Garage,
and separately on his Harrys Farm channel, he very well explains and totally debunks the lazy UK journalism about beef / cows (in UK) , the American cow/beef farming is another story - more lazy uninformed UK journalism.
Unfortunately it's become the norm.
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Coverte wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:27 pm more lazy uninformed UK journalism.
I think this is a consequence of the vast and rapid change in news dissemination over the last 2 decades as the online world has increased and the newsprint world declined. Also few of us are interested in spending time to read (or listen to) long in depth discussions. The consequence of the decline in printed newspapers and the rise in internet "news" is a dilution of talent and a dilution of the amount of money available to pay reporters and to pay for them to spend time on a substantial question. Historically reporters would "cut their teeth" on local or regional newspapers looking at local issues and local events, a few of those would make it to the mainstream national newspapers or TV news outlets as cub reporters and gradually make their mark. There was time, and money, to do in depth investigations. Those days are mostly gone, the old style news "hacks" have gone, just about everyone who has a smart phone has the capability to catch news events and spread the information across the world and news organisations and reporters are less news gatherers rather then news repeaters, they are gathering all these streams and mainly passing them on from their own organisation. We still talk about "Fleet Street" for the newspapers but none of them are there anymore. The last ones were the London office of the Dundee Post and they departed 5 years ago.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

In an age of Conspiracy Theories and misinformation from hundreds of amateur sources, thank God we've still got the BBC and the drug companies looking out for us.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h5Y3wrzS_Eo
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Chris_R wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:42 pm
Coverte wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:27 pm more lazy uninformed UK journalism.
I think this is a consequence of the vast and rapid change in news dissemination over the last 2 decades as the online world has increased and the newsprint world declined. Also few of us are interested in spending time to read (or listen to) long in depth discussions. The consequence of the decline in printed newspapers and the rise in internet "news" is a dilution of talent and a dilution of the amount of money available to pay reporters and to pay for them to spend time on a substantial question. Historically reporters would "cut their teeth" on local or regional newspapers looking at local issues and local events, a few of those would make it to the mainstream national newspapers or TV news outlets as cub reporters and gradually make their mark. There was time, and money, to do in depth investigations. Those days are mostly gone, the old style news "hacks" have gone, just about everyone who has a smart phone has the capability to catch news events and spread the information across the world and news organisations and reporters are less news gatherers rather then news repeaters, they are gathering all these streams and mainly passing them on from their own organisation. We still talk about "Fleet Street" for the newspapers but none of them are there anymore. The last ones were the London office of the Dundee Post and they departed 5 years ago.
TLDR: "News reports have gone to hell in handcart. None of us read in depth discussions" :wink:
Stephen, Epping, Essex
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Chris_R wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:42 pm The last ones were the London office of the Dundee Post and they departed 5 years ago.
They had to stay that long as the name of the company was baked into the famous glazed tile frontage of the Edwardian Fleet Street building.

Incidentally, 4 out of 5 publications still exist, and DC Thompson (also Beano etc) still have the advertising office there, just clinging on to Fleet Street.
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Keith

Post by Keith »

VFK44 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:12 pm TLDR:
TLDR?

Hey, you're down wiv the kidz, Stephen.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

It's satire, don't you know.
Stephen, Epping, Essex
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

I just had to Google TLDR.
Made me smile.

Return to “General Discussion”