How Lucky We Are

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Ian Northeast

How Lucky We Are

Post by Ian Northeast »

I think like most of us I take a lot of things for granted. Every now and again we are reminded of how fortunate we can be and in my case I think it worth mentioning, simply to remind us all to be thankful.

As some of you will be aware I have been embarking on a less than normal adventure with my C-V8. (For those not in the know www.worldsfastestjensen.co.uk) Since I made the project public I have been offered so much help, advice and assistance from so many different sources. The single most helpful contributor has been the family of Jensen owners.

The JOC itself has been incredibly generous with it's support and the forum has provided more than simply answers and opinions.

Just recently, under the most direst of circumstances I have had call to ask for aid on two occasions.

Firstly, I put out a plea for a starter motor and within 3 days I had a new one in my hands. Simply loaned until the replacement arrived.

Secondly, after being a victim of crime I needed a radiator, once again 3days later I have use of one until the replacement is built.

The only common link with all of this, is the shared experience of Jensen ownership. When we meet up rather than just saying Hello and discussing the pros and cons of our cars, we should all take the opportunity to say Thank you.

So, Thank you to you all, for the advice and assistance you have given me and the advice and assistance you will give in the future.

Ian
Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Re: How Lucky We Are

Post by VFK44 »

A shared interest in Jensens seems to be a huge icebreaker, and I am glad you are benefiting from it. There is so much to be grateful for in life if we look for it.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex

Return to “General Discussion”