Insurance recommendations

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
dsimonds

Insurance recommendations

Post by dsimonds »

Any advice on good broker for my 541S insurance as restoration nearing completion. First attempts at quotes not going very well.
Relatively high value and unknown marque seems to be problem. One company advertising in JOC magazine didn’t know what a Jensen was and another is currently not offering policies for high value cars!

Any recommendations much appreciated.
Derek Simonds
541S
Suffolk
Barrie
Tupperware Extraordinaire!

Re: Insurance recommendations

Post by Barrie »

dsimonds wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:06 am One company advertising in JOC magazine didn’t know what a Jensen was

Any recommendations much appreciated.
Hopeless amateurs.
Name and shame.

I’ve found Classic Car Line very helpful and accommodating on my CV8. 01455 639000
Let us know how you get on.
“Even in a time of elephantine vanity and greed, one never has to look far to see the campfires of gentle people." Garrison Keillor
AlistairT

Post by AlistairT »

Hi there, I’m with classicline insurance , just paid for this year and it was £184 which includes breakdown and European cover, agreed value at £55,000 for my 541R
I’ve found them very helpful and have been with them for eight years now..
Cheers Alistair
Alistair Thomas
Lancashire
541R
dsimonds

Post by dsimonds »

Thank you - very helpful.

Just spoke with Classicline. A totally different experience - helpful, knowledgeable and a reasonable quote.
Derek Simonds
541S
Suffolk
RichardGibson
JOC Scotland Rep

Post by RichardGibson »

Hi
I was with Classic line but got a better deal with Peter Best (PBIS), so have used them for the last couple of years. Mostly it was down to the longevity of the agreed value set up, but also a slightly better price.
No issues with either company as to what a Jensen was though, both companies very helpful.
I did have an issue with one of the companies which advertise in the Jensen magazine over where the car was kept, they flatly refused to consider my car because the car is kept in a portable garage on my driveway, not a lockable unit. I do use one of those lockable sticky up posts and a full cover steering wheel lock but they were not interested.
Regards
Richard
JOC Scottish rep

Return to “General Discussion”