Who's put their name forward for Chairperson ?

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Pymmie

Who's put their name forward for Chairperson ?

Post by Pymmie »

I have recently been been calling/emailing the SW members as my role as SW Area Rep to catch
up with them and organise events , meets etc.

One subject has been asked many times especially since the latest mag arrrived - Who do we vote for in the AGM ?

Can someone advise me and other Area Reps the answer please..

Thanks in advance

John P
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
Mark1Stu

Re: Who's put their name forward for Chairperson ?

Post by Mark1Stu »

A bit premature John. According to the flier in the latest magazine, the closing date for nominations is 31 May. That said, it would be helpful to know, after the closing date, who has put their name forward. Furthermore, if they were successful, how they intend to take the club forward.
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

I would like to think that when the closing date has passed and if anybody has been nominated there will be something in the next magazine about the said person or persons, with as Stu says their plans for the future of the club.
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Pymmie wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:34 pm I have recently been been calling/emailing the SW members as my role as SW Area Rep to catch
up with them and organise events , meets etc.

One subject has been asked many times especially since the latest mag arrrived - Who do we vote for in the AGM ?

Can someone advise me and other Area Reps the answer please..

Thanks in advance

John P
According to the club rules the President, Vice-President, Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer retire at the AGM and may offer themselves for re-election subject in the case of the Chairman to a maximum term of 5 years. The club does not currently have a President or Vice-President (John Lane was elected as Honorary President and as such is not subject to this rule). There is nothing specific in the rules about committee roles being elected or retiring but generally, although not strictly necessary, committee members are elected (or confirmed) at an AGM. The committee can create committee roles or lapse committee roles as circumstances change.
The Chairman's maximum term of office will end next year. The rules state that in the year before the Chairman retires for the final time a Vice-Chairman is elected to serve alongside the Chairman with a view to being elected as Chairman the following year.
Who do you vote for? As at today, Friday 21st May, I have no nominations for any club committee or officer position. I have no knowledge of anyone who has expressed any interest in taking any role. In particular of course we are looking for a Vice-Chairman to be elected this year.
That said, in response to Stu's and Colin's thoughts, if anyone does put themselves forward it will be for them to decide if they want to make a statement on any future plans they may have.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Chris_R wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:04 pm That said, in response to Stu's and Colin's thoughts, if anyone does put themselves forward it will be for them to decide if they want to make a statement on any future plans they may have.
While I understand the rules as you very kindly explained them Chris, which was asked by Jon, don't you think it might be a good idea if some who wishes to be Chair of the club, part of the process would be to put a statement out with their intentions of how they see the direction of the club going, plans for the future.
I know that if we have only one person who wishes to become chair it will seem a pointless exercise, but at least it would give members a chance to have questions ready at the AGM or at least be able to email the said person further to be able to form an open honest opinion first, before they get to vote.?
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

I will not comment on the JCCA election as hasn't happened yet (AGM). However at my local classic car club where I am considered to be a bit odd we had a recent spill of positions and when nominations for positions were sought the silence was indeed deep but not meaningful. I crept out for a pee and when i came back found i had been elected Club Captain!! :roll: It's always hard for just abolutely every club. Only a handful do the heavy lifting......just about all the time. I hope you get some one good. I know you will. Kenny38 :D

Return to “General Discussion”