New Electric Ford Mustang

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Frankoid

New Electric Ford Mustang

Post by Frankoid »

Looks familiar ...
2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-front-300x169.jpg
2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-front-300x169.jpg (28.78 KiB) Viewed 3422 times
Attachments
Jensen 541R.jpg
Jensen 541R.jpg (30.46 KiB) Viewed 3422 times
RogerBrotton

Re: New Electric Ford Mustang

Post by RogerBrotton »

I'll have the black one , please ?
DaveT
JOC 541 Registrar

Post by DaveT »

The electric Volvo is also similar
389FC109-90D5-44A4-A7E0-D419394312EA.jpeg
389FC109-90D5-44A4-A7E0-D419394312EA.jpeg (238.78 KiB) Viewed 3368 times
Dave Turnage
Colchester

JOC 8674
JOC 541 Registrar
541S, 100/1061
541R, 6002/387 (now in lots of pieces!)
Alvis speed 25 DHC
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

I know they are coming but a Mustang should have a V8 or at least the sound track of a V8.

There was a bit on the news today saying the government are unlikely to reach there target for electric vehicles by 2030. I wonder if they will backtrack on the date nearer the time?

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

I think they might have to Steve, because now questions are being asked about the batteries, as they only have a short life span... What's going to happen to them when they become redundant
Second hand EVs, a new set of batteries will be more than the cars worth..
At the moment EVs are too expensive
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

I don't understand why some car manufacturers have said they will not be making petrol or diesel-fuelled cars at all after 2030.
I can understand that for the UK market, but what about other countries?
I predict the ban will not happen because it would cause such a huge drop in demand as motorists decide to cling on to their ICE cars for many more years, that the carmakers would go bust.
EVs aren't practical for everyone.
It's just a virtue-signalling pressure tactic to appease the green lobby.
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

Sadly I think electric powered vehicles will come but probably not in the form as we have them now. Batteries were never going to work or not the type we have now. They need to be able to charged in a short time and have a vastly bigger range. Most people have got used to ICE powered vehicles with a range of 500 miles or more in some cases and the ones that dont can be refilled with fossil fuel in a few mins not 45 mins or more.

I was watching a clip on you tube about a person who had to cover a lot of distance in a Tesla in the US, I dont remember the exact details but he found it quicker to travel for 45 mins and charge for 15 mins than travel for 200 miles and charge . He managed to catch his flight or what ever he was doing but how annoying would that be sitting for 15 mins when you have 100s of miles to cover.

There is a place for electric cars if done correctly, use solar power to charge them and use them for the daily commute or kids to school ect but for journeys of 200 miles or more in a day I think we need to find another option.

Steve
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Hydrogen is the answer ... but it's containing the fuel in an accident.. Trouble with electric cars, they rely on coal or gas power stations to charge them and we don't have the infrastructure for the electric we use now..
RogerBrotton

Post by RogerBrotton »

Too much, too far, too fast, all by politicians and Greens who don't know what they are getting into, even on a good day. Same as many people in business, I use my Ranger for towing a 4 wheel box trailer with up to 2 tons of car in the back. What range will an electric Ranger have doing just that. Absolute nonsense.....re-charging every 50 miles ? Time for a major re-think.
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

This is going to sound like the VHS/Betamax/Phillips2000 debate but....why can't manufacturers agree on a standard range of battery sizes/shapes/capacities and design a quick change arrangement within every vehicle so that you can pull into a "filling station" or "battery charging station" as you do now and physically (maybe with some help) replace the entire- or part of - battery unit? Yes there will be leasing/buying implications but nothing insurmountable surely? We would then not need to have charging points all over towns and cities but the charging stations would charge them for you. Car designs might need a rethink to prevent all the weight ending up in one place...or maybe even two....under the floor perhaps? When I rule the world........
RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

colin7673 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:20 am Hydrogen is the answer ... but it's containing the fuel in an accident.. Trouble with electric cars, they rely on coal or gas power stations to charge them and we don't have the infrastructure for the electric we use now..
“Green” Hydrogen will not be available until the fusion reactors are on line.

Right now, hydrogen is made in an energy intensive process from hydrocarbons.

There’s more issues than the fuel storage, as well.

But certainly no thinking person can disagree with your conclusion... unfortunately - that’s the problem... many are not “thinking”, they are “feeling “!

To quote James Taylor:

“Give me the warm power of the sun, the soft power of the wind... but take your atomic poison power away!!!”

Rocky
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
JHV8

Post by JHV8 »

Peter Rothery wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:32 am This is going to sound like the VHS/Betamax/Phillips2000 debate but....why can't manufacturers agree on a standard range of battery sizes/shapes/capacities and design a quick change arrangement within every vehicle so that you can pull into a "filling station" or "battery charging station" as you do now and physically (maybe with some help) replace the entire- or part of - battery unit? Yes there will be leasing/buying implications but nothing insurmountable surely? We would then not need to have charging points all over towns and cities but the charging stations would charge them for you. Car designs might need a rethink to prevent all the weight ending up in one place...or maybe even two....under the floor perhaps? When I rule the world........
This is a point I've always made. Make BP, Shell whatever responsible for making and maintaining batteries. Pull in, robotic device changes batteries out from underneath. It also helps storage of green supplied power which is developed when wind or water makes it not when demand is required, now it can be stored in car batteries in charging banks.
16 valves but 4 extra pistons.

Rob d'Eca
JH-V8 - 13296
JOC No. 8081

https://www.printwell.london/deca/

colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

It is possible with the electric car and the batterie situation, we could see the end of car ownership as EVs will be leased or just rented as and when
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

...or we could have just one EV and attach a number of additional rented vehicles to it for passengers or freight. Even better as it only needs one driver and to make sure there are fewer collisions we could mount it on guide rails and call it urghh......a TRAIN!? .
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

Today while I was out on the road I thought I would do my own mini survey of how many electric vehicles were about.

I have no idea of how many cars of all types I have seen in total on my trip too, around and from Oxford but it must be thousands as the roads were very busy.

In total I have seen 5 Teslas of various types, 1 Polestar, 2 Nissan Leafs, 6 Mini's with the E Emblem on the wing, 4 Yaris and probably about a dozen or so Hybrids. Of course there is no way of knowing if I have missed some but if you say I have seen 50 in all the 1000s its hardly a significant percentage.

Something I did find odd out of all the new or nearly new cars only one of these was an Electric vehicle, people still seem to be buying diesel as 3 of the 70 reg cars I have seen today were diesel.

Steve

Return to “General Discussion”