New Electric Ford Mustang

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
colin7673
now normal...

Re: New Electric Ford Mustang

Post by colin7673 »

It would seem that there is always going to be mixed feeling about EVs...

The technology is, I would say, can do much longer distances in these cars, but let's be honest it's all about money..
Early electric cars today, didn't go much further then they did 100 years ago. Which I really find hard to believe they couldn't of gone further on one charge.. But then after a few years out come another model and it travels further than the last, because technology is better, then out comes another model which travels further,,, because technology is better... And so on...
The owners of the first generation trade up.. what happens to those cars ??
The batteries of these first generation.??
There is already a mountain of 'normal' car batteries which can't be recycled so what happens to them..
Toyota have a car that has broken the world record for travelling on in tank of Hydrogen just over 1000miles and have plans to out sell Tesla..
it is interesting times for sure.

I think it going to be a case of who dares wins.
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

Whilst perusing one of the on line classic car websites, I was reminded that Ford have prostituted the Mustang name before.

To be fair, or maybe kind, to Ford, the electric Mustang is probably more deserving of the name than this horror.

Given that every car will soon, in part at least, be electric, I suppose Ford using the Mustang name was inevitable. So why not use it now?

But I still think they missed a trick with the name. I suggested Thunderbolt earlier, but how about bringing back the XR moniker?

XR3e anyone?
Attachments
23_1979_Ford_Mustang_Cobra.jpg
23_1979_Ford_Mustang_Cobra.jpg (169.77 KiB) Viewed 2038 times
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

If I were Elon Musk I would buy the Jensen name and launch.....

"The Jensen Interceptor Electric Lightening" ... This refences the English Electric Lightening Interceptor fighter jet, a nod to Jensens of old. A cross between the 541 with blank radiator grill and power bulges with composite carbon fibre bodywork, referencing the fantastic 541 & CV8 futuristic bodies and the lithe lines of the Vignale Interceptor. Id buy one...

PS. Apologies to our resident artist Grant....
Attachments
Jensen Interceptor Lightening0002.jpg
Jensen Interceptor Lightening0002.jpg (94.97 KiB) Viewed 2028 times
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Frankoid wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:49 pm If I were Elon Musk I would buy the Jensen name and launch.....

"The Jensen Interceptor Electric Lightening" ... This refences the English Electric Lightening Interceptor fighter jet, a nod to Jensens of old. A cross between the 541 with blank radiator grill and power bulges with composite carbon fibre bodywork, referencing the fantastic 541 & CV8 futuristic bodies and the lithe lines of the Vignale Interceptor. Id buy one...

PS. Apologies to our resident artist Grant....
Think this country has lost enough over the years and been ruined look at the Mini.. A mini it is not
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

We've had the Viperceptor so how about the Electroceptor? :D
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Richie wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:23 pm We've had the Viperceptor so how about the Electroceptor? :D
Believe it or not, I have been told that it is being done by someone well known to the club...
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Saw this elsewhere and though I’d share as it was interesting...

William C. Brown when an EV can recharge to full in 5 mins and the power grid evolves to have 10X+ the capacity it currently has to power them all.

Apparently 1 gallon of gasoline requires 0.6 kWh of electricity to refine. Well a Tesla model 3 long range requires 0.23 kWh per mile in the most ideal conditions, so on the same 0.6 kWh of electricity will go more or less 3 miles. Pretty much every ICE car that isn't a dragster goes much further than 3 miles on a gallon of gasoline, pretty much anything modern is in the 30+ mpg range and 50+ mpg is also very common now. To go 30 miles the Tesla would need 6.9 kWh of electricity, now that's a lot of electricity, it's 1150% more, or 11.5x more electricity. Tell me how any country's electric grid is going to be able to increase its capacity 5x, let alone 11.5x in the next few years. That's again, ideal conditions, the reality is closer to 0.3 kWh per mile.

Given all that 0.6 kWh per gallon of gasoline is a bargain. 👌🤣
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Colin

I was once told that 83,723% of all stats are made up on the spot. :shock:

Does that "0.6 kWh of electricity to refine" include the drilling power costs and the transportation shipping and road tanker costs to [and from] the refinery? Having had the attached for a week I am enjoying the 4p per mile and no car tax. Plus when visiting my daughter and family at the weekend I filled up for free :D
Attachments
tesla.jpeg
tesla.jpeg (105.12 KiB) Viewed 1926 times
ajc9415

Post by ajc9415 »

I think the Tesla is a great car. You can do that maths however you like but it’s not about economics it about pollution. There has to be a better way than the ICE. For now that is probably battery but there are a lot of negatives with them. I don’t have the answer but I’m pretty sure it’s not petrol or diesel.
Adrian
1974 Interceptor Mk III 2240-9415
JOC Member 9648
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

89D52FBF-13F2-4BBC-ABEF-1014498AA93F.jpeg
89D52FBF-13F2-4BBC-ABEF-1014498AA93F.jpeg (63.59 KiB) Viewed 1914 times
. Just seen on Facebook. :D

Return to “General Discussion”