Colour dilemma

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Glaffy

Colour dilemma

Post by Glaffy »

I am thinking of having my Interceptor's bodywork restored in April when our first child arrives (on the basis that I won't have much time to drive or even look at the motor for the first couple of months).

The car is currently cerise with a black interior. I'd like to keep the black interior but definitely want to replace the cerise with something else.

Although colour choice is obviously highly subjective, I would be grateful for some ideas, other than white, red or navy blue.

My initial choice was a silver/bronze with a plain silver roof - the two tone look is quite cool I think.

Any other ideas???
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

Zacs FF in silver looks very good - would work well with a black interior too. I had teh same dilemma when my car was resprayed - to change or not to change. My car was tangerine orange and therefore far from everyones taste. On teh strip down it transpired that originally teh car was "metallic quartz" - a very pale blue / green / turquiose kind of colour. That seemed more attractive than orange, but, i stuck with the orange. I did so because that was the colour used by Jensen in the MkII sales brochure, teh car had become quite well known and i felt that somehow i would be detracting some of the 'fun' character from the car. Also, by not having the inside of teh doors done etc i saved quite of bit of cash! Its not an easy choice - has your car always been cerise?
BigRedOne

Post by BigRedOne »

There is no other choice - it has to be red, as long as it is a 541! :D

Post by 907 »

Pink with green spots. :lol:

black and silver looks nice if you want two tone.
Paul Boulton

Clour of Interceptor

Post by Paul Boulton »

Does not matter what what colour it is; it will still be an Interceptor.
Change it for a 541 ! :D
What? Is it working?
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

I always like the colours that Ford had on the early MK11 Garanda's

Blue top and Silver bottom.

BUT i did say Ford, so what do I know. :oops: :oops:
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
zacmarshall

how about pistachio?

Post by zacmarshall »

I nearly bought this FF but Sarah hated the colour - said she wouldn't be seen dead in it. I love the colour though (as does Andrew Tweddle who owns it now). Picture (reduced) from the International 2005 CD available from club regalia.

Glaffy

Post by Glaffy »

What an excellent colour! I think it's identical to the colour of a Mk I FF owned (or which was owned) by Michael Murray-Grant.

This really is a difficult one. I think Interceptors/FFs suit the late 60's colours like yellow and lime green because of their snazzy Italian lines, but they also look good in sober colours, My old FF (BEX 145J) was Jaguar midnight blue (a deep non-metallic dark blue) which really suited it, until I resprayed it gunmetal, which also suited it!

I think I'm going to go for bronze with a silver roof and black interior. A bit cool but not too garish. All I need now is some money and the ability to remain Jensen-less for a few months...

Return to “General Discussion”