The passing of Robert Humphries

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
bkbridges

The passing of Robert Humphries

Post by bkbridges »

It is with a heavy heart that I inform the Jensen community that our friend Robert Humphries has passed away suddenly and unexpectedly in March this year. Robert was an avid car collector, with Jensen as his favorite marque. His beautifully restored Jensen Healey spent time in the San Diego automotive museum and was a show winner at many venues. When our good friend Dr. David Crowne passed away, Robert purchased Dave's well preserved early Interceptor III and lavished attention on it. Robert's widow, Barbara, has asked if I can help sell the Interceptor for her. It is an early III with its rebuilt 383 and louverless hood. The car was supposedly one of the 3 Harrold Robbins cars although Dr. David Crowne, a literature professor, was not enthused with that possibility! If anyone is interested, please feel free to pm me so that I can connect you with Barbara. Its been a tough haul for all of us this past year, and I truly wish I was not writing this post.
Bruce K Bridges
Bruce K Bridges
2210/9272
125/5090
119/170
www.fbthrottlebodies.com
Martin R

Re: The passing of Robert Humphries

Post by Martin R »

I'm sorry to hear of Robert's passing.
My thoughts are with his friends and family.
Hopefully his car will go to a good home.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905

Return to “General Discussion”