Modification

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Gary-D

Modification

Post by Gary-D »

Would the installation of an electric fuel pump be classed as a ‘modification’ when declaring to an insurance company?

Thoughts please

Regards

Gary
JOC Member 10054
Grant

Re: Modification

Post by Grant »

Hi Gary..I would just tell them anywayImage..They always use anything to not pay out when/if they have to..I always tell them everything, they won't/shouldn't charge you any extra, but I would tell them, others may see it different Gary :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Gary-D

Post by Gary-D »

Hi Grant,
Yes I agree if they find anything that they can use not to pay out on a claim they certainly would.

It was only when I realised when I renewed my cover i forgot about the conversation until I completed the agreed valuation cover that’s when I did declare it.

They’ll probably change a administration fee when I call them to amend it 😂
JOC Member 10054
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

For every modification I first ask Autokeuring, TÜV or MOT, this here in Belgium works via e-mail and is free of costs (as well as in Germany)
Having this paper in hands no insurance company can deny payment - but also Grant is right, insurance company are very happy to take your money but more happy as they are able to avoid payment..
Jensen Interceptor MKIII convertible
Ford GT 40
Ferrari F430 F1 (sold)
Lotus Super Seven (Westfield)
Mercedes SLK AMG
and some others...
www.doctors-garage.be

Return to “General Discussion”