Insurance agreed value recommendations?

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Oxymoron

Insurance agreed value recommendations?

Post by Oxymoron »

Hi,
My Interceptor car insurance is due for renewal and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for an agreed value policy insurance company.
I was with Flux direct but they have rebranded to Sterling insurance and have put the premium up and it doesn't now include agreed value either!

Time to change to I think!

Cheers,
Jez.
JOC Member 10887
Kevin Birch

Re: Insurance agreed value recommendations?

Post by Kevin Birch »

They're generally all pretty much the same, get various quotes, it doesn't pay to be loyal anymore, they just put the premium up hoping you'll pay for the convenience of the easy renewal. My son had his renewal come through and it had gone up by £300, he went online and got a quote cheaper than the previous year, and it was with his existing company, work that one out. They seem to pick a number out of the air they haven't used that day and quote you that number!! :shock: I paid £143 last year with £40,000 agreed value with Carole Nash, so not too bad I think.
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Try Abbeyfields (advertise in the JOC mag). Saved myself £300 on my multi-car cover, had my anycar cover reinstated, all with the same underwriter. Speak to Jayne Jordan - can't recommend her and her team highly enough.

I was able to set the agreed value myself: subject to it being realistic, sending in 6 pictures of the car, and it being approved by their experts.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Can't vouch for their performance if you make a claim, but Hagerty are staffed by enthusiasts and it would be worth making a call to them.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
wheel-turner

Post by wheel-turner »

ClassicLine will accept a written valuation from the club and hold that figure for 2 years. Without that they just agree to the purchase price with photographic evidence but if you have owned the car for a few years then that is obviously a problem.

Hope that is of some help.
Cheers
Gavin
Oxymoron

Post by Oxymoron »

Thanks, I will have to start shopping around!
JOC Member 10887
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Hello,

My experience appears to be based on 'AGREED VALUE'. Current insurance company is A-Plan who accepted a value of £78,500, which I agreed with Stuart Turner when he was Interceptor Registrar. The insuring company is KGM Motors and my premium for 2020-2021 was £233.53. My insurance is coming up for renewal this month and I don't expect to pay any more.

regards

David
Oxymoron

Post by Oxymoron »

I decided to go with Peter Best insurance as they were cheaper and have included my agreed value at no extra cost.
Adrian Flux aka Sterling insurance did come back with a much cheaper quote, but as a broker they should have offered me a better deal in the first place!
Cheers
Jez
JOC Member 10887

Return to “General Discussion”