Chassis dolly / cradle

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Jorrocks

Chassis dolly / cradle

Post by Jorrocks »

Can anyone recommend a good wheeled dolly (not sure if that’s the right terminology) to suit a MKIII Interceptor body shell. Or a rotisserie of some sort?
Would need to be on decent sized wheels so I can move it around.
Or does anyone have such a thing they no longer need that I could buy?
1972 Interceptor MkIII (128/4886)
Andy MK1 Int

Re: Chassis dolly / cradle

Post by Andy MK1 Int »

I have not used this company but I found them whilst researching a rotisserie for a Jaguar https://www.rolloverjigs.com/product/standard-jig-185/. They might be able to help.
Andy
1969 Interceptor Mk1 115/3372
1975 Daimler Double Six Coupe
1979 XJS V12 Coupe
1989 XJS V12 Convertible
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

There is a rollover jig that fixes to the wheel bolts so the weight is taken by the axles. Wallace on the forum here used one for a C-V8 which I saw in use. Try sending him a message and ask him what the details were.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

I had an Autovip 1700 car roller, a well made piece of equipment and this allowed me to roll the CV8 nearly 90° within the space I had to work in. A rotisserie would have been better suited, unfortunately the workshop was too short for the end supports. I made a bolt together dolly that enabled me to move the car about on heavy duty castors without removing the wheel hub brackets the roller J sections pin to. I also welded box section under the front crossmember to roll and move the car without suspension components. All in all it was a compromise for a lack of space.

How much space do you have and what is the floor like?

Mike
Grant

Post by Grant »

Eric My Ole Fruit , here's one on a Rotisserie, but it doesn't look that strongImage, but it is a stripped carImage, but maybe it is really strong, but try the link AndyMk1 (in the above post) added and talk to themImage, I am sure they should help, from memory the Interceptor is 2 tonne, so, do a bit of Maths with the drive train removed..I know you failed miserably at school-work etc..but Poundland sell calculators..don't forget to get 4 x AAA batts while your in there sport!!Image>>>>
>>>
Interceptor on Rotissery.jpeg
Interceptor on Rotissery.jpeg (129.35 KiB) Viewed 2357 times
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Ray

Post by Ray »

Hi I went to the firm that Andy posted link for and found them a bit flimsy so I went to roll and restore and found there jigs and dolly's much better and up to a jensen weight. Try them sales@rollandrestore.com
Regards Ray
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

You could make on yourself if you can weld .
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Grant

Post by Grant »

Ray wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:18 pm Hi I went to the firm that Andy posted link for and found them a bit flimsy so I went to roll and restore and found there jigs and dolly's much better and up to a jensen weight. Try them sales@rollandrestore.com
Regards Ray
Nice one RayImage, If you want to look on their website Eric before you email them, here is the link to the website>> http://www.rollandrestore.com/
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage

Return to “General Discussion”