New to Regalia

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
RajM
JOC Regalia Secretary

New to Regalia

Post by RajM »

Coming Soon:

Order your copy today

JENSEN – The Surviving 3½ and 4¼ Litre Cars
Author:
David Davis
Head to our shop to pre-order your copy today. https://joc.org.uk/shop/

Published 10 June 2021
David Davies provides a unique insight into the 3½ & 4¼ Litre cars. He tells the intriguing stories of the 22 survivors and their enthusiastic owners over the last 85 years. With numerous anecdotes, recollections and period photographs, he reveals who bought the cars new, how they were used and their epic trips.

The adventures of those campaigned in the pre-war rallies and road tests are covered. Then the trials and tribulations of later owners are recalled as parts became scarce, values fell and rot set in. Many cars fell into a parlous state so that huge challenges faced the intrepid souls hoping to restore these rare and glorious machines.

c280 pages with 430 illustrations
Book type: Paperback

Review:
'David’s work adds a new dimension to our understanding of Jensen cars and history. I applaud his efforts and recommend this excellent book to the world’s Jensen enthusiasts' (Richard Calver).
1996 BMW 840Ci
1986 BMW 325i Convertible
Slave to my passion and Wife to the JOC Chairman :wink: :wink:
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Re: New to Regalia

Post by VFK44 »

Exciting news! The stories in the Jensen magazine have whetted my appetite for more.

I presume this is a softback edition? Please let us know!

Stephen
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
rmangroo

Post by rmangroo »

Hi Stephen,

Yet it is. I have just amended the shop site to state the type of book. It is ready for order, just delivery won't be until after the publication date (10 June) so feel free to place an order on line.

Raj
Raj Mangroo (She/Her)
JOC Regalia Secretary, regalia@joc.org.uk
JOC IT Officer, it@joc.org.uk
Joerg
JOC Early Cars Registrar

Post by Joerg »

I ordered one !
It is absolute fantastic what David found out about my car.
I can’t thank him enough for the research that he did on prewar Jensen.

Dear Raj, please reserve 5 more for me that I will pickup personally as soon as possible. Shipping them to Germany is prohibitive expensive for more than one book now. ( Even that is nearly the price of one book )

Jörg
I own some of the odd Jensen 8)
MikeWilliams
Early Cars Expert

Post by MikeWilliams »

I have read the draft and it really is superbly researched, but also very well written. I've just ordered two.

Mike
Mike
(former JOC Early Cars Registrar)
(former owner of 116/3328 and P66)
Still own 1938 Jensen HL1 drophead
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

This book is the result of many hours of dedication with many fascinating facts, almost a social history.
Mine is also on order. :D
H Type (H5)
CV8 MkII (104/2280)
Han Kamp

Post by Han Kamp »

Also ordered a copy last week. Cannot wait to get it !
Han Kamp The Netherlands
Formerly owned Jensens: 1974 JH, 1976 GT, 1952 4 litre Interceptor, 1954 4 litre Interceptor Left Hand Drive, 1957 541.

clubwebsite: http://www.JensenHolland.nl
rmangroo

Post by rmangroo »

Joerg wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:58 pm I ordered one !
It is absolute fantastic what David found out about my car.
I can’t thank him enough for the research that he did on prewar Jensen.

Dear Raj, please reserve 5 more for me that I will pickup personally as soon as possible. Shipping them to Germany is prohibitive expensive for more than one book now. ( Even that is nearly the price of one book )

Jörg
Hi Jorg, Of course, I will keep this on file for when we are able to meet. Postage has gone mental not just in overseas but in the UK. Royal Mail keeps raising prices for all sort. Thanks in advance for the order.

Regards, Raj
Raj Mangroo (She/Her)
JOC Regalia Secretary, regalia@joc.org.uk
JOC IT Officer, it@joc.org.uk
kees

Post by kees »

It is not only the postage costs to Europe. The increase can be stomached. It is the Customs and handling charges plus the 21% or so VAT on top of the total!!
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
MikeWilliams
Early Cars Expert

Post by MikeWilliams »

I have no complaint about Royal Mail postage costs. Last year I was sending Special Delivery parcels for £11. This year they have gone up to .... £11.15. Hardly seems worth reprinting all the leaflets!

And one package I sent to Australia recently solicited a response that he'd never received a package from the UK so quickly.

Mike
Mike
(former JOC Early Cars Registrar)
(former owner of 116/3328 and P66)
Still own 1938 Jensen HL1 drophead
Joerg
JOC Early Cars Registrar

Post by Joerg »

The increase is for me a result of VAT and custom fees now, not your good old Royal Mail.
We need an address in the UK where we could send everything and pick it up personally every three month like we did in the 80s when the common market didn’t exist.
I own some of the odd Jensen 8)
Clive Bishop

Post by Clive Bishop »

Joerg wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:16 pm The increase is for me a result of VAT and custom fees now, not your good old Royal Mail.
We need an address in the UK where we could send everything and pick it up personally every three month like we did in the 80s when the common market didn’t exist.
Happy to offer my address but I am on the west side of the UK and not close to London or the South East.
1973 Interceptor Mk III 136/8332 - Moss Green
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 11362 - Magenta - Owned by Lindsey
1972 Jensen Healey Mk 1 10343 - Sadly too far gone and so now a donor car
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 12504 - Sold for potential restoration / racer
kees

Post by kees »

In the EU my address can be used for British buyers. I live near Rotterdam/Hoek van Holland about 25-30mls, IJmuiden is about 60 mls and Calais / Dunquerke is about 250mls. I do try to at least attend the JOC International each year so I could bring some stuff in the boot of the J-H and there are usually quite a few Brits attending our HJGH meetings.
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977

Return to “General Discussion”