Looking for Technical Resource in Birmingham, UK - 1971 Jensen Interceptor III 383

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
BrummieJay

Looking for Technical Resource in Birmingham, UK - 1971 Jensen Interceptor III 383

Post by BrummieJay »

To All

I am looking for a technical resource/garage in the Birmingham, UK area to get 1971 Jensen Interceptor III back on the road again. The car has been owned by us since 1973 and driven on very odd occasions until 2004 until it was stored in a garage. However it is in good condition overall. i.e. no rust on the body work, no rust underneath the car (as far as i can see or knock with my hand) or anywhere else on the body.

Engine bay is clean for a car that has been parked for over 17 years in a dry garage. Interior is is also very clean. All gauges work. (still got the original Jensen 8 Track player)

My cousin, who is a mechanic (works on the Mini plant in Oxford, thanks Harry), got the car started and flushed all the fluids (engine and gearbox and old fuel) and got the car started. The car starts and runs and all the electrical items (as far as I can tell) works as well.

Does any one know of a mechanic in the Birmingham, UK area that can work on the car? The first issue that i need to fix is the carburetor since the car stalls when it revs over 2K. I have not taken the car on the road since i am taking baby steps to get get this car fully road worth.

Thanks

jay
Clive Bishop

Re: Looking for Technical Resource in Birmingham, UK - 1971 Jensen Interceptor III 383

Post by Clive Bishop »

Jay,

There are two things, first it would be a good idea to join the club as it will give you more access to technical details and also referrals / help.

Second is that I have used Jim Smith @ Jims Autos in Stourport.

Jims Auto's
Unit 32, Wilden Lane Industrial Estate, DY13 9JY Stourport
Tel: 07517 669729

He will be able to sort out your challenges and has been used by many inside and outside the club even if we are not in the Brummie area.

Hope that helps and good luck.

Clive Bishop
1973 Interceptor Mk III 136/8332 - Moss Green
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 11362 - Magenta - Owned by Lindsey
1972 Jensen Healey Mk 1 10343 - Sadly too far gone and so now a donor car
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 12504 - Sold for potential restoration / racer
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Re: Looking for Technical Resource in Birmingham, UK - 1971 Jensen Interceptor III 383

Post by Chris_R »

Your likely problem with higher engine speeds is either the carburettor gummed up from stale petrol residues or the fuel pump or fuel filter with the result you're not getting sufficient fuel flow for the engine speed.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

I can second the recommendation of Jim's autos in Stourport. He rebuilt my engine, I'm over the moon with the results.

Best give him a ring sooner rather than later as he is much in demand.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
BrummieJay

Post by BrummieJay »

Thanks everyone for the advise.

Will be joining the club since i do need advise on how to get this classic car up and running to it former glory.

Return to “General Discussion”