project car

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
smeylaerts

project car

Post by smeylaerts »

Gentlemen,

If you were to buy a project car with all parts there, in reasonable condition. What would be a good starting price for an interceptor III

Thanks for your expertise.

Sven
Grant

Re: project car

Post by Grant »

smeylaerts wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:54 am Gentlemen,
If you were to buy a project car with all parts there, in reasonable condition. What would be a good starting price for an interceptor III
Sven
Sven..it would be the figure that you are happy with and the seller is happy with.., for you as less as you can to the point where the seller is happy, but..my advice is to buy a car that you can use and then do stuff to it as you go along to improve it and make it better..Also..look at Mk2 Interceptors, often over-looked and I think are the best models out of the bunch, 383ci Mopars are wicked, obviously others may/will see it different :P
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

And an E series 383 as fitted to many mark 2s is the dog's dangly bits.

Form my point of view the only thing better than an Interceptor II is a FF II :-)

Shame my old DLR 77J was scrapped, I would love to know if it was a hugely quick as I remember as a 21 year old...
Grant wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:54 am Sven..it would be the figure that you are happy with and the seller is happy with.., for you as less as you can to the point where the seller is happy, but..my advice is to buy a car that you can use and then do stuff to it as you go along to improve it and make it better..Also..look at Mk2 Interceptors, often over-looked and I think are the best models out of the bunch, 383ci Mopars are wicked, obviously others may/will see it different :P
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

smeylaerts wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:54 am Gentlemen,

Sven
A LHD project car has just popped up in France @ €12,000. Useful for you if you are somewhere in the EU. Nigel Pickford, JOC Rep in France knows about it, email france@joc.org.uk
Last edited by Chris_R on Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Grant

Post by Grant »

Another Mk2 Fan there ^^^ With Ole Zac then SvenImage, A nice Mk2 will always be cheaper too as there is not a Huge market for themImage, a good friend of mine was a Jensen Dealer and he never really bought them as they didn't sell well, everyone always wants a Mk3, so you should get better value for money and have the enjoyment of the quicker revving 383 Sven..have a good look around Sven for the right car for you, get one that is a roadworthy and enjoy driving it before you buy a resto-project and never get to drive it for 5-10years :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Grant

Post by Grant »

Chris_R wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:10 pm A LHD project car has just popped up in France @ €12,000. Useful for you if you are somewhere in the EU. Nigel Pickford, JOC Rep in France knows about it, email france@joc.org.uk
Where's that then Chris.do you have a link so that we can be nosey, you know a Tyre Kicking, curtain twitching nose ointment merchant :P
I have just edited beacuse you have just edited Chris..it's not that I am a "Copy Cat Sitting on the Door Mat"Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
nrb993

Post by nrb993 »

Hi,

A MKIII is available all in bits in my region (Eastbourne, East Sussex)

The body is in primer but perfect, rebuilt by Colin (The best)

The parts are all being cleaned

The current owner due to ill health has to sell

If you are interested I can share his details - Not sure of value but probably £28,000

But you would get a project worth double that when completed.

kind regards
Neil
:D JOC Interceptor Registrar 8)
Restoring JH2
Interceptor MK III 'H' series - yellow
Used to own FFII - 127/223 :lol:
-- JOC 5114 --
npickford

Post by npickford »

Following Chris's comments I would be very happy to help anyone regarding the project car in France. There is a genuine reason for sale , I have talked with the owner regarding this and another Interceptor that he had. The car is situated near Fontainblau, roughly one hous south of Paris.
Just PM me .

Return to “General Discussion”