Forum traffic decline - or my bad maths

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Grant

Re: Forum traffic decline - or my bad maths

Post by Grant »

VFK44 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:48 pm Thanks Zac for bringing back Grant's emojis.
Doesn't matter what else happens now, I feel that God's in his heaven and all's right with the world.
Exactly StephenImage,Thank you for finally realizing the most important things in life are free and Must Come 1st, before anything importantImage..Many many thanks again ZacImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
money_one_four

Post by money_one_four »

Maybe we should be looking even further back , when I joined this forum in 2008 it was literally red hot with people posting day and night. Why is this not the case today ? have we all become too knowledgeable for our own good , could it be some of our cars have been professionally restored from top to bottom and there is nothing left to ask ? I don’t have any answers to these questions but what I do see is and sad to say we need cars with problems to keep this forum hot .

So every body get out there and find a problem :)

All the best Alan
CHEERS BE LUCKY ALAN
Jensen 111/440/1317 /OAR 298P
Jaguar 420G
Jaguar Sovereign v8
Winnebago M/H
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

I shall say it again and I will be asking questions. The pandemic has caused a great % of the population to be seperated from what is considered" normal" at the moment. The discussion between those old warriours, Shaun and Keith about hair is atypical of slight to medium depression and can be usual in the Forum readers/contributors. Zac, has helped Grant restore his emojies and so is helping Grant to resist walking around naked causing hairy men to swoon. Slight/medium depression can cause the "can't be arsed" syndrome. All will return.......eventually.
Here in OZ we have for the second year running cancelled the national rally due to the very real fear of states suddenly shutting their borders literally within hours so to impede the covid traffic. People fear not getting home for days. A mention has been made oif the quality second hand car market rising and those who know these things say could be because of the 400K+ expatriots returning home.Kenny38
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

I am so glad I sorted out the emojies :-)
kenny38 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:49 am Zac, has helped Grant restore his emojies and so is helping Grant to resist walking around naked causing hairy men to swoon.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
todd

Post by todd »

Has anyone ever considered that Grant resembles the elusive Bigfoot from North America from about 40 feet?
I might of just solved this 100 year old mystery :D
Stay safe on the far side of the pond
Julian

Post by Julian »

sort of related since it is stopping me from bothering to read the forum so regularly ...

if I read down the thread, from old to newer postings, then hit "2" to go to the next page, instead of it opening at the top of page 2, i.e. the next sequential reply, it opens at the bottom of the page.

what do i have set up wrong ? all this scrolling up is a pain (using Chrome)

Regards Julian
BMW M635csi (Dinan 3.8) & 1976 Interceptor Convertible
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

It's nothing you have done Julian, it is due to the forum running in an iFrame so the web page doesn't know where abouts on the screen it should be.

I need to update the plug in we use to integrate with the forum, I am looking at it at the moment (or will be when I've finished the pesky day job :-) )
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Julian

Post by Julian »

Legend - thanks Zac.
BMW M635csi (Dinan 3.8) & 1976 Interceptor Convertible
johnw

Post by johnw »

money_one_four wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:39 am Maybe we should be looking even further back , when I joined this forum in 2008 it was literally red hot with people posting day and night.
I think this initial peak was due in part to the demise of the Jensen Cars Mailing list, and the Forum being free and well setup early on. Many moved over importing a wealth of technical knowledge. Facebook has taken over much of the banter side of things now. It often lacks depth of technical knowledge and is good for day to day and photos. I think the forum is the ultimate insurance for the future of the club. No usable cars would mean a dead club! The magazine has really come on over the years. My hope is that the forum should ideally evolve into a reliable low maintenance resource. Hopefully forum software will become less hassle as it matures even more. Perhaps as car preservation techniques are refined over coming years education of new owners will become a focus? The RREC have maintenance training courses for pre war cars. Perhaps as car maintenance becomes a less common skill with the introduction of Electric Vehicles the forum might evolve to fill that gap somehow?
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom

Return to “General Discussion”