Posting a link of a thread

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Grant

Posting a link of a thread

Post by Grant »

Sometimes I can access the forum on Firefox, when I am on Firefox on the forum on a certain thread, if I want to post a link to that thread I used to copy and past the link from the google browser search bar thingy :lol: ..but that doesn't seem to change anymore no matter what thread I am on, it even does that in Microsoft edge too, so how can you copy a link of a thread page to send to someone please?..It's probably me not knowing how, but it seems to remain the same link which is just the forum homepage..so how do you find the link to the page you want to send to someone please?..Sorry for my Densil'ness :oops:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Fishyboy

Re: Posting a link of a thread

Post by Fishyboy »

Hi Grant
I have the same issue in Firefox.
My work around, which cannot be the best way, is to click on the click on the "spanner" icon and use the "email topic" option. You then get a email with the thread address in the email which you can copy and insert into your thread.
Would be quicker to walk!
Phil
Joint Southern Area Rep
J.O.C. Member 10659
1956 Jensen 541 95-5633
1961 Austin Healey 3000 BT7
1961 Volvo 131 Amazon - a Survivor
1968 Volvo 1800S
1969 Mk II Interceptor 123/3588 - Now sold
Grant

Post by Grant »

Fishyboy wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:07 pm Hi Grant
I have the same issue in Firefox.
My work around, which cannot be the best way, is to click on the click on the "spanner" icon and use the "email topic" option. You then get a email with the thread address in the email which you can copy and insert into your thread.
Would be quicker to walk!
Phil
Oh Ok..Thanks for that Phil..It also seems the same in Micrsoft Edge that I now have to use & then I had to get the wife to go onto the forum and the thread on her Iphone and email me the link so that I could send the link to someone..maybe slightly quicker than your method but then if she is out then I could ring her to do it or email it to myself and then reply to my email :lol: ..Many thanks Phil :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Keith

Post by Keith »

Try this Grant, and see if it works:
posting.jpg
posting.jpg (144.93 KiB) Viewed 1209 times
RIGHT-click on the thread title (in red on the image "Posting a link of a thread")

Then from the drop-down menu, choose Copy Link Location

Then paste this link into your message.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Keith wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:11 pm Try this Grant, and see if it works:
posting.jpg
RIGHT-click on the thread title (in red on the image "Posting a link of a thread")

Then from the drop-down menu, choose Copy Link Location

Then paste this link into your message.
ImageYou see..That is why you are the Man Mr KeithImage..Many thanks sport,..and while your here Keith you have a click yourself pleaseImage >>> https://joc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=243161#p243161 and that will take you back to you startedImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage

Return to “General Discussion”