Freedom!

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Freedom!

Post by VFK44 »

I've been told that next Tuesday at 2pm I'm getting the vaccination jab. So within 4 months I should be pretty much immune to Covid and able to attend Jensen shows, etc.

I hope the rest of the Forum contributors are soon to be similarly blessed..

Stephen
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Keith

Re: Freedom!

Post by Keith »

Great news Stephen. You must be very relieved.

Will there be any Jensen shows in 4 month's time I wonder? They've put off the first BTCC rounds to May now and I'm still not sure if they'll be allowing spectators even then.
Last edited by Keith on Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Keith wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:29 pm I'm still not sure if they'll be allowing spectators even then.
They'll have to restrict it to the over-80s, and the sick and the lame, all of whom will have been vaccinated like me.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Keith

Post by Keith »

Over 80?!!! You're wearing well Stephen!
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
rmangroo

Post by rmangroo »

That is great news Stephen.

We are hearing that we are about 6 weeks away if they can get the supplies. I would love a bit of freedom again...

Stay safe!

Raj
Raj Mangroo (She/Her)
JOC Regalia Secretary, regalia@joc.org.uk
JOC IT Officer, it@joc.org.uk
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany

Post by Jens »

The other way to get "freedom" is to catch Covid19 - that`s what I did in early January. I have no idea where I cought it, I followed all the rules, wearing masks, keeping social and physical distance, extreme hygiene - I still got it.

After a good three weeks now it looks I am through, an experience I`d rather not had.

Anyway, I will do the antibody test this or the latest next week and then I am in a similar state as being vaccinated.

But please guys, keep your distance, avoid any chance to catch this f...ing virus. This thing is real. And it is no joke, even if you get a "mild" experience. You don`t want to have it.

Good luck Stephen, I can feel your relief once you got vaccinated.
In order of appearance:

(sold) C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
(sold) FF MkII 127/243 (sold)
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
(sold)Jensen GT 1610/30257(sold)
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Good advice Jens. Sorry to read you've been struggling with Covid but glad you've managed to overcome it.

Stu
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

I have to agree with Stu, Sorry to hear that you had caught Covid but so pleased that you beat it and have made a full recovery...
keep safe
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Jens

Post by Jens »

Thank you for the good wishes - it is getting better but I am still a good part away from „full recovery“.

That isn‘t done in a few days.

Anyway, on the right track at least.

My parents (82 and 83 years) will get their second dose of the vaccine this week so they are finally safe. A huge relief for the family.
In order of appearance:

541 S 102/1035
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

AZjab.jpg
AZjab.jpg (109.89 KiB) Viewed 3342 times
My way was much easier, although I still wouldn't recommend planning anything much for the day after. My brief feeling of being bulletproof was followed by 24hrs of feeling quite rough, but the mild fever did prove it was working! I hope you will have a quick full recovery.

Now, once I've waited for the next 12 weeks for the 2nd jab, and some days for it to take effect, I shall be INVINCIBLE (unless anyone has got some Kryptonite).
Stephen, Epping, Essex
schumijoe
BIG RED CARD & 2 YELLOWS
BIG RED CARD & 2 YELLOWS

Post by schumijoe »

please be aware this is NOT freedom, only the first step of the long road to it. If everybody thinks this is freedom then we will all be back into another disastrous period of lockdowns yet again. The vaccine only becomes fully effective 7 days after the second dose according to the information supplied. The important thing is to remain as you were and obey the rules
Joe
INTERCEPTOR 111 2240/1**4(the last 1976 saloon)
Jens

Post by Jens »

Hey Joe,

what a pleasure hearing from you again :D

How I missed the yellow and red cards.

As always you‘re damned right, the full effect is there a week after the second shot. But once you‘ve reached that target and have a 95% probability of being protected you still have to treat other people as if they or you are infected.

We all have to go this way, whether it is the UK, Germany, city or countryside, ... to protect ourselfs and everyone else.

I do hope enough people will get their vaccination so we will reach the necessary level to be „free at last“.

Hope this finds you well.

And, btw: good luck Stephen.
In order of appearance:

541 S 102/1035
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

schumijoe wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:21 pm please be aware this is NOT freedom, only the first step of the long road to it.
You're right of course, Joe. It was very much tongue in cheek. For the public good I must still follow all the advice, but the jab puts me on a similar footing to the younger population without health problems, in that if I DO catch it it is less likely to finish me off. That alone is a relief.
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

VFK44 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:43 pm

My way was much easier, although I still wouldn't recommend planning anything much for the day after. My brief feeling of being bulletproof was followed by 24hrs of feeling quite rough, but the mild fever did prove it was working!
My old mum has just had a AZ jab and feels rough, I will tell her that proves the vaccine is working :D
schumijoe
BIG RED CARD & 2 YELLOWS
BIG RED CARD & 2 YELLOWS

Post by schumijoe »

Thanks for your wishes Jens, glad to hear you are recovering from your bout of covid. I have been lucky enough to have goth jabs already( I am in my 85th year) but am still taking precautions because I am dubious about our government's poor and late decisions.
Joe
INTERCEPTOR 111 2240/1**4(the last 1976 saloon)

Return to “General Discussion”