Issue with Firefox

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
zacmarshall

Re: Issue with Firefox

Post by zacmarshall »

Grant wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:31 pm Oh and I am on laptop running windows 10 Zac :wink:
You said that on your email Grant :-)
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

With regards to Keith's comment about connection not secure, this may be to do with Grant's emojis which are hosted on a non https server, Chrome gives a warning if you include non https content on a http page.

I did mean to email Grant about this but think think I may have been suffering from a lack of sleep and emailed the wrong person...
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Keith

Post by Keith »

zacmarshall wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:26 pm Keith, is this on Windows or Mac?
Windows 7.

But I don't get the warning on my Windows 10 machines.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
Andi Kreis

Post by Andi Kreis »

Hi Zac

Problem is persisting / coming back whilst using Firefox 84.0.2 (64-Bit) on Windows 10. Had some temporarily improvements by deleting the cache - but now this doesn't help any more. I'm currently using Chrome - no issues.

Cheers, Andy
Andi Kreis / Glarus / Switzerland
541R / C-V8 Mk2 & Mk3 / Int Mk1 / FF Mk1 / SP
kees

Post by kees »

If I right click open the link in the email message and choose "open link in browser", all is fine. However if I left click on the link the problem remains.
Kees Oudesluijs
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
kees

Post by kees »

kees wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:12 am If I right click open the link in the email message and choose "open link in browser", all is fine. However if I left click on the link the problem remains.
Kees Oudesluijs
Even this does not do the trick any more. The best way at the moment is to open the website using the above described way but it does not always work. Perhaps 5 out of 10.
J-H MkII, 1974
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Hi Kees,

For the moment I'm afraid people will need to use Chrome.

I am flat out on other club issues which I'm afraid have to take priority.

Hopefully I will get onto this in the next week or so.

regards

Zac
JOC Member No. 5061
kees

Post by kees »

Zac, Not to worry. I get by somehow.
Cheers,
Kees
J-H MkII, 1974
Helen

Post by Helen »

I have had similar issues with Firefox but it updated this morning and all is well!
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II
Grant

Post by Grant »

My Firefox updated yesterday, so I tried it again and straight away it worked, but then when I tried it again it went back to the same problem..I am now using Microsoft Edge just for the forum..it's no problem to me but I thought I would just keep you informed Zac :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Grant

Post by Grant »

It seems that some people who are not that great with computers are now not using the forum here because they don't even understand how to use another browser, if you point someone over here and they can't get logged on for a read of it then I feel it's not good, I know Raj is saying lets move forward, but we have definitely moved backwards,..it's a shame as I believe money has been given from the club to upgrade, but..is it upgraded?,, I don't think so.. and..If I use Microsoft Edge..I can't see my smileys anymore unless it is a setting on Microsoft edge I don't know?Image >>>
>>
Screen shot of Forum.png
Screen shot of Forum.png (423.36 KiB) Viewed 3949 times
Being that Zac has now stepped away from the Job can't we go back to the person that was paid to "Up-Grade moving forward" and get him to iron out the problems?.. Sometimes when you click around alot you cannot even access the "Board Index" button because the black bar seems to Grow, and then you have log off and then back on..I think it's not a good show for the JOC really..but I'm sure others will see it different, and I don't do anything towards helping the club so I guess I have no room to speak, but it was good before and not now :?
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Grant, the issue with your smilies is that is that they are hosted on a non-secure server so many browsers (including my firefox) won't display them on a secure website. By secure I mean https: rather than http:

I will email you about this now before I forget again...

The forum was upgraded by me and that works, what doesn't work properly is the forum displaying in the iframe. I have quite a few issues to sort out on the membership side which unfortunately have to take priority.
JOC Member No. 5061
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

So now Firefox displays them.... also shows for me in Edge.

I will have a look when times allows .....
JOC Member No. 5061
Grant

Post by Grant »

zacmarshall wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:11 am Grant, the issue with your smilies is that is that they are hosted on a non-secure server so many browsers (including my firefox) won't display them on a secure website. By secure I mean https: rather than http:
Zac, thank you for your reply..just to let you know..I changed the place where I get my smileys from a while ago now, and I now get them from the same place that you would get them from..direct from the author of them..although I haven't changed the ones in my signature to the new correct place, I will do that, I had to change as the other forum I was "Nicking" them from went down and I thought it wasn't going to return, I noticed when my smileys all disappeared from postings, so I found the place everyone gets them from and get them from there, they always did work on here with firefox aswell( Iknow you had an issue with them I remember you mentioning it)..but for some reason the new ones I use were working on here with Firefox(and still do) and they were working on here using edge too, but not on edge anymore for some reason, I do get them from a secure place I believe(and must change them in my signature) as I don't want to be causing any problems with Non-Secure links, this is where I get them from now here >>> https://www.joc.org.uk/content_plugin ... miles.15.2 and am allowed to use them for personal use on Forums(so it says) :D
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Grant

Post by Grant »

ZacMan :P ..I've changed my signature ones now too..to the link as above, so I believe we can eradicate me creating any Non-Secure Wallets on here now :D
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage

Return to “General Discussion”