Interesting survey

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Interesting survey

Post by Steve Payne »

It will be interesting to see what the ban on new ICE powered vehicles will have on this over the next 20 or 30 years.

Steve
Last edited by Steve Payne on Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JOC official Lightning engineer
Keith

Re: Interesting survey

Post by Keith »

Post a link to the survey Steve.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

I will have another go in the morning, this new forum is mucking up the link for some reason.

Steve
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

Try this.

https://www.fbhvc.co.uk/2020-research-result-headlines

Is it just me but why does the new forum keep mucking up links?

Steve
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Interesting to listen too but those figures could be more because who knew about their survey.. There will be 'an amount' of people that didn't know that there was a survey.
Still old vehicles bring at lot of revenue in for HMRC.
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

It's due to the forum now running within the website, if you could just go to the forum it would work fine.

It's on my list to resolve, in the meantime just right click on the link and select open on a new tab or whatever the option for the browser you use is.

So much for me resigning :D :D :D :D
Steve Payne wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:45 am Try this.

Steve
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Keith

Post by Keith »

zacmarshall wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:01 am It's due to the forum now running within the website, if you could just go to the forum it would work fine.
I agree Zac, the forum has really become emasculated after this "integration" with the website. Let's go back to the way thing were. We can then have different themes and colors again.
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

zacmarshall wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:01 am It's due to the forum now running within the website, if you could just go to the forum it would work fine.

It's on my list to resolve, in the meantime just right click on the link and select open on a new tab or whatever the option for the browser you use is.

So much for me resigning :D :D :D :D
Steve Payne wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:45 am Try this.

Steve
Phew I thought it was just me, I must say the forum is now a lot harder to use in many ways. It seems to never put you in the correct place when you open a link or a reply and just posting this thing about a survey was a lot of hard work for a non computer person like me. Please please please go back to the old forum.

Steve
rmangroo

Post by rmangroo »

First a very Happy New Year to each and everyone of you.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on this one Steve and Keith, going backwards is never a good thing... onwards and upwards is the way to take the club.

We have had much more interaction with members who have never use the forum and have received some very good feedback on it. As you will know (being the initial creator of the forum), IT is not simple and it does take time to resolve issues. I am sure Zac is working as fast as he can to fix any issues that the forum has... I'm am always grateful for his support and help, he's continues to step in to help when he can even though he has stepped down. His experience on the phpBB side is far superior than mine and I am sure in time we will fix all the issues before another one comes up...

We may have obstacles, but the integration is too keep everyone updated. In the past we had members and committee members posting all over the place, having the info on one site makes access much more informative. If we separate it again and you save the link to the forum and only ever use that link, it means we have to continue to post in a million different place so users can interact. Our social media pages now set to hit various areas such as if we post to our instagram page it hits the Twitter and FaceBook at the same time. I am looking at the same for the forum, so if the committee post to the forum on events it will updates the social media pages. I know some users are just forum users and they won't care what we put on these Social Media pages but it is good to get everyone involved.

As we start the New Year, we hope that our users will check out all our links and find their way around the site.

btw, the link Steve posted works perfect for me when I click on it, I did not need to open in a new page, however I do use several browsers to test things and for me Safari (apple device) has been the best so far...

All the best and as Shaun tells us keep smiling.

Regards Raj
Raj Mangroo (She/Her)
JOC Regalia Secretary, regalia@joc.org.uk
JOC IT Officer, it@joc.org.uk
Keith

Post by Keith »

rmangroo wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:41 pm As you will know (being the initial creator of the forum),

You are the "original creator of the forum"...?
rmangroo wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:41 pm btw, the link Steve posted works perfect for me when I click on it,
The original link that Steve posted (and thus my request for the correct link), was a cut'n'paste of a location of his PC, and was not a link. Therefore you could not possibly have "clicked" on it.

Still a way to go with this "new" forum I think.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Keith wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:54 pm
rmangroo wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:41 pm As you will know (being the initial creator of the forum),

You are the "original creator of the forum"...?

No, Keith, she is calling you the original creator of the forum. Do keep up!
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

There are clearly some huge numbers of people and sums of money involved in the Classic Vehicle scene!
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

My main complaint about the survey is.... Why when the globe of the world comes up at 50 seconds are the British isles and Ireland missing?
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Frankoid wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:19 am My main complaint about the survey is.... Why when the globe of the world comes up at 50 seconds are the British isles and Ireland missing?
:shock:
Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-05 um 12.45.19.png
Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-05 um 12.45.19.png (224.23 KiB) Viewed 2958 times
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch

Return to “General Discussion”