oil filter update

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
crossfire

oil filter update

Post by crossfire »

Hi i am just about to fitt a mk1 interceptor engine in my mk1 and i wonderd what the forums views are on fitting a mk3 oil filter system instead of the paper filter ie would it be a good update or would it devalue the car
Oxymoron

Re: oil filter update

Post by Oxymoron »

Sounds like a good idea!

Is it easy to change the paper element type filter, or are there some pitfalls to be aware of?

I've managed to completely destroy a modern style oil filter before when trying to unscrew it! :lol:
JOC Member 10887
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

It's a common upgrade as people have trouble getting the separate canister to seal properly.

I had it done on my old FF II and have had it done on my C-V8 II.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Grant

Post by Grant »

I would just do t..It's hardly going to devalue the car..the paper element set up is a poxy one, I would re-site the new screw on filter to a different position to that of the Mk3 Interceptor though as that is a silly position for it up on the inner wing, it makes a mess when spinning the filter off unless you rig up a catch rig as I do, ..A good place for it is down beneath the rad..easy to get to, cooler area for it etc..I say go for it with a sharp arrow there Mr CrossFire My Ole Fruit Bat :P
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
money_one_four

Post by money_one_four »

Grant wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:59 pm I would just do t..It's hardly going to devalue the car..the paper element set up is a poxy one, I would re-site the new screw on filter to a different position to that of the Mk3 Interceptor though as that is a silly position for it up on the inner wing, it makes a mess when spinning the filter off unless you rig up a catch rig as I do, ..A good place for it is down beneath the rad..easy to get to, cooler area for it etc..I say go for it with a sharp arrow there Mr CrossFire My Ole Fruit Bat :P
Hi Grant , repositioning the oil filter sounds good but does this cause any problems with using the standard pipe work for a mk3 or would it need to have appropriate pipes made to suit ?

Alan
CHEERS BE LUCKY ALAN
Jensen 111/440/1317 /OAR 298P
Jaguar 420G
Jaguar Sovereign v8
Winnebago M/H
crossfire

Post by crossfire »

sounds like its the way to go has anybody got any pics as i have a idea were it goes but has anyone found a better place to put the filter thanks
Robinson D

Post by Robinson D »

Look here:

https://joc.org.uk/joc-forum/?w3=dmlld2 ... 9mPTExJg==

Go to June 28, 2017 for the remote oil filter picture.
Restoring a MKII, 125/5052
Grant

Post by Grant »

money_one_four wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:44 pmAlan
HiYa Alan From Balham :P ..I've not tried it Alan, but I have seen it done and I will be doing mine, but whether the existing pipes will let you do it I don't know yet..I'll tell you who I saw had done it..It Was Dave Barnett(FF Dave), he had done it on his SP, and, I'm sure I have a pic but I can't find it Alan :oops:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage

Return to “General Discussion”