Modified Cars - The Good , Bad & Ugly ..

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Grant

Re: Modified Cars - The Good , Bad & Ugly ..

Post by Grant »

Wolfgang wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:39 am
Sidepipes - I wonder where he placed the mufflers...?
have fun
Wolfgang
HiYa GangerManImage..I have NO mufflers or tail pipe/Mufflers on my InterceptorImage. I just have straight through pipes all the way and out the back, it sounds really good and it is not really that noisey..In the car you can get a little resonance around 3.5k revs on a motorwayImage, but it just sounds great..many have said from outside the car it sounds so good, not too loud like a young persons carImage..quite a surprising result reallyImage
Enjoy your day Mr ManImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

Hey Grant, old guy,

yeah you're living in a really great Britain :!:

here all changements have to be in the papers (o.k. with oldtimers they are a little bit more flexible, because these 'engineers' are not understanding much about the technique - so I'm having mufflers, but completely empty :lol: :lol: :lol: )

If the police is checking you because of noise or any other modifications not in the (electronic) papers, your car will be locked down (petrol head corona :oops: ) and the fine costs you around one holiday :evil:

As a garage I'm having special plates - but with these I'm only allowed to do some test stints - but not stopping in front of a restaurant and having a nice beer on the tap...
(otherwise I'll loose my plates...)

I love the pure sound of a big 8 cylinder engine :D :D :D

Have fun
Wolfgang
Jensen Interceptor MKIII convertible
Ford GT 40
Ferrari F430 F1 (sold)
Lotus Super Seven (Westfield)
Mercedes SLK AMG
and some others...
www.doctors-garage.be
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Even if the front arch flares have gone back to near normal. But, best of all, those massive modern mirrors have bitten the dust.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

The rear looks a bit like Darth Vadar. Muffler/exhaust: our C-V8 is MOTed using the 7m measuring method: 80dB(A) at 3450/min-1
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

the construction of our Jensens are including very long exhaust pipes, so even without active mufflers (in principle they're mostly relevant for giving space to the exhaust gas to expand and also to reduce turbulences and resonance, beside having some noise reducing rock-/steel wool in) our cars are not noisy.
I enjoy with my red Diva rolling at 120 kmh/h on our highways hearing really nothing from my engine, but when pulling down the throttle getting a sonour roaring :D
In combination with a relative rev-low engine with big volume it's always a very sonour sound at low dB(A).
But most of my other cars are having smaller engines, like my Ferrari I sold recently are producing a much more aggressive sound (around 103 dB at 8,500 rpm) or the GT40 (115 dB(A) at 6,700 rpm). The Ferrari is screaming, the GT40 is roaring...

For me it's all nice sound, all cars are having papers - but you can't imagine how often I'm stopped by the police. I like - but I'm also understanding people living in big cities and having noise the whole day.

I don't need a wake up call since this year - my neighbour spent his wife a BMW M3, it's only a 2litre biturbo, every morning she went's for work at 7am, for me it's the signal to get up - others may find it simply noisy...

Sportive greetings
Wolfgang
Jensen Interceptor MKIII convertible
Ford GT 40
Ferrari F430 F1 (sold)
Lotus Super Seven (Westfield)
Mercedes SLK AMG
and some others...
www.doctors-garage.be

Return to “General Discussion”