A belated happy 15th birthday to the forum

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
zacmarshall

A belated happy 15th birthday to the forum

Post by zacmarshall »

Steve Hickey commented on Raj's post on the website / forum upgrade that it was the 15th birthday of the forum today, looking at the member list Keith Anderson, the then editor that set up the forum created his account on Thursday October 13, 2005 at 10:19 pm.

The forum is still going strong despite the number of Jensen related facebook pages, it is also an excellent research medium with all the posts back to 2005 still there.

The forum will be getting an upgrade this weekend (starting Thursday night) with some new features including a drag and drop image upload and the ability to collapse forums. This has taken a while as the code I wrote to handle image uploads didn't work with newer versions, I have now written a new extension that works with the latest version.

Can we all say a huge thank you to the unsung hero of the forum, Stephen Carter, who does most of the admin and moderation on the forum, plus of course to Keith for setting it up in the first place. Plus Raj for basically being a full time unpaid club employee at the moment.... I think Karan is looking forward to getting her back :-)

Stephen when he was temporary custodian of Paul Anderson's C-V8 (the car is now for sale, see the cars for sale section)
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
RAP72
V8 Lover

Re: A belated happy 15th birthday to the forum

Post by RAP72 »

and to you Zac - modest man that you are
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

Huge thanks to all those involved in setting it up and running it since.
The Facebook pages are all well and good - but they cannot begin to rival what the forum offers.

Massive thanks once again.
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Thanks to all that are and have been involved in running the forum.

A valuable source of information and a great read.
Eddie

JOC 10030
Interceptor II 123/3901 CEA 1J
1970 Earls Court Motorshow Car
kees

Post by kees »

This forum has always been brilliant and a great source of information. Alternatives on Facebook etc. do not even begin to come near. The simplicity of participating, consulting and communicating is second to none.
A big THANK YOU for all those that have been involved in developing, setting up, improving, monitoring and running the JOC Forum in the past 15 years!!

Kees Oudesluijs
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Congratulations to us!
As a relative newcomer, I have really enjoyed myself since I joined both the JOC and Forum back in July 2006 - a mere 14 years ago :shock:
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany

Post by Jens »

Martin R wrote:Congratulations to us!
As a relative newcomer, I have really enjoyed myself since I joined both the JOC and Forum back in July 2006 - a mere 14 years ago :shock:
I am a 06er too, Forum member 100 (missed the two digit honours) and I really like this forum.

So much better, more informative, friendlier and way more helpful than ANY other car forum I have ever attended. Thanks to all involved and especially to every Forum member who ever posted something here.

Looking forward to reading and posting stuff the next 15 years.
In order of appearance:

(sold) C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
(sold) FF MkII 127/243 (sold)
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
(sold)Jensen GT 1610/30257(sold)
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
Grant

Post by Grant »

This is my home..It's the 1st place I go to on my PC..even before my work..I love it and it is a real part of life,..Thank you to all for keeping it running after Keith set it all up for us all..so, this to everyone>>Image, and here is a
little Emoji of Keith and I having a quick shant(Keith's on the right, or is that me on the right..I can't remember) >>>Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

I agree with everything said above.

Thanks again to all for the hard work.

These forms may be a little old-school, but they are of tremendous value because you can search them and there’s lots of critical information contained in these pages.

I’m very much a newcomer here, but certainly recognize the value and all the hard work that has gone into this site. I look forward to the new look and feel!

Rocky
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
KaranMK2
JOC Chairman

Post by KaranMK2 »

For sure, we have a knowledgeable car forum community. How long has regalia been going? It is another great connection medium of our club that is also busy.

Kr
Karan
RajM
JOC Regalia Secretary

Post by RajM »

Hey everyone,

I am super excited to bring you something fresh and new but keep things simple and friendly. In no way was the change to the forum planned for the anniversary date, but it is befitting of it that we give it a bit of a nip n' tuck here and there. Still being very new (or at least in my eyes) to the club, but gaining a vast amount of information and knowledge from those that came before me has been an incredible journey. So before we all say goodbye to the old and in with the semi-new :) , I leave you with this lovely little saying by Apple inc.

"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."

— Apple Inc.

Read a book, get some fresh air (but wear a mask), chat to your kids, partners, pet (s), make the time go by so the withdrawal symptoms don't kick in too badly...but for goodness sake don't get hooked on to many Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Tic Tok or Twitter page because we want you back!

Thanks again to all involved. See you on the other side in 4 days time.

Raj
1996 BMW 840Ci
1986 BMW 325i Convertible
Slave to my passion and Wife to the JOC Chairman :wink: :wink:

Return to “General Discussion”