interceptor

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
4fuzzball

interceptor

Post by 4fuzzball »

[/b HELLO ALL,I HAVE JUST JOINED TODAY.

I AM LOOKING FOR A USEABLE INTERCEPTOR .I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT COSMETICS OR SCRUFFY INTERIOR AS LONG AS IT IS SOUND AND RUNS WELL BECAUSE IT WILL BE IN REGULAR
USE.i HAVE HAD 3 IN THE PAST AND DUE TO A LEG PROBLEM I NEED AN AUTOMATIC AND SO I WANT TO GET ANOTHER.
I WOULD BE LOOKING TO DO A DEAL WITH MY 1977 PORSCHE 911 WHICH IS IN REGULAR USE.IT IS A GENUINE RHD UK CAR WICH HAS LOGGED 100000 MILES.
I BOUGHT IT 14 YEARS AGO AFTER IT HAD BEEN PROFESSIONALLY REPAIRED AND RESPRAYED AFTER SUFFERING REAR PANEL DAMAGE.
THERE WAS NO STRUCTURAL DAMAGE BUT DUE TO COST IT WAS GIVEN A CAT. D BY THE INSURANCE COMPANY WHICH REDUCES ITS VALUE BY AROUND 20% SO IT IS WORTH
AROUND 25K .
EARLY 911s ARE ALWAYS SOUGHT AFTER AND EASY TO SELL BUT I WOULD PREFER TO DO A STRAIGHT SWAP.
I AM BASED IN SURREY SO MAINLAND UK ONLY.PLEASE
IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED PLEASE POST A REPLY SO WE CAN PROGRESS.
Peter looking for Interceptor
colin7673
now normal...

Re: interceptor

Post by colin7673 »

Have a chat with Andy Brooks at Appleyards Engineering, 07917 671116.
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

Hi Peter,

Don't know if Nick is doing a swap, but if you're interested in selling your Porsche my brother in law may be interested. He is living in Germany, in case of a deal I will organize transport and customs. My Jensen is not for sale at the moment, but looks like I'm getting a second one (Interceptor MKIII) in Dec/Jan, needs refurbishment.
No problem to get the car to UK, I'm living in Belgium. As you're interested please contact me.
Jensen Interceptor MKIII convertible
Ford GT 40
Ferrari F430 F1 (sold)
Lotus Super Seven (Westfield)
Mercedes SLK AMG
and some others...
www.doctors-garage.be
DPP

Post by DPP »

You are reducing your options by wanting to swap, just sell your car then you will have a very good choice of Interceptors as there are always plenty for sale.

Join the club and get to know your local members for advice so you dont end up buying a money pit.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
KaranMK2
JOC Chairman

Post by KaranMK2 »

Spot on Dave!!!

Karan
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Anything for 25K GBP will need work, probably a lot. Be mindful of the fact the majority of cars at around 25K used to be 3-4 years ago around 15K and that was what they were worth and still are. You may have to raise your budget unless you are an adept mechanic/auto electrician with a suitable place to work. Most contributors to this forum are good solid thinkers in a normal Jensenless life but they put something up their nose when it comes to Jensen "project cars" and "very driveable" However absolute good luck in your search. Watch out for the rust as you are well aware after previous Jensens that it is found in the most discreet places. Kenny38 8)
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

a Porsche 911 S, ready to drive, no damages, historic plates, around 100,000km, LHD, technical inspection done may reach a sales price around €35-40k. So deduct transport, customs, technical inspection - then you're coming to a realistic prize. Re-Imports from US driveable 50k mls are costing me around €20-25k including transport, ex taxes.
Jensen Interceptor MKIII convertible
Ford GT 40
Ferrari F430 F1 (sold)
Lotus Super Seven (Westfield)
Mercedes SLK AMG
and some others...
www.doctors-garage.be
4fuzzball

Post by 4fuzzball »

Thanks for the replies.I understand 25k will only be the lower end of the market these days- but they are way overpriced judging by classifieds-but there again
they don't often have sold signs on them .They were always about level with Stags so I don't really know why they are so artificially high unless it is sellers just
being hopeful.
archie
The Mild Child

Post by archie »

just give me a call Andy at Richard Appleyards ive sold loads of jensens at what i think there worth not over inflated prices i say it as i see it sold 3 jensens last week and ive a very nice mk2 arriving this week
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Prices certainly in Australia are going up.......for good to excellent cars. Recent sales are $125K for an SP and $140K being asked for (and definite interest by 3 prospective buyers when finished) for a restored '72 M3 in AM Grey. Probably with 25K GBP or perhaps a little more you will get a usually stuffed engine, electrics needing serious attention and all the whole bleeding disaster.
No one is giving anything away. There are no bargains. Price will always reflect condition. Don't always believe a pile of receipts. Like tax invoices "Honest John" can always supply them.
Mileage is a problem. As you know the odometer goes to 100K and then zero again. So we see "genuine" low mileage of only 50-60K!!?? On a near 50 year old car with many owners.
Think 40K+ pounds 8) and you will get a reliable piece of everyday transport.
Once again good luck. Kenny38
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Oh, and I forgot to say welcome to the club/forum. Everyone will be interested in your results.
Stay in touch. kenny38 :D
johnw

Post by johnw »

archie wrote:just give me a call Andy at Richard Appleyards ive sold loads of jensens at what i think there worth not over inflated prices i say it as i see it sold 3 jensens last week and ive a very nice mk2 arriving this week
It is worth giving Andy a call. He is good at bringing buyers/sellers together. Once you have a car from wherever he will then sell you the spares. Unless your 911 is LHD I would imagine it is a bit daft exporting it, although the Cat D bit might get lost which could help. I do know someone who wants a later aircooled 911 in LHD in Switzerland.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

kenny38 wrote: Mileage is a problem. As you know the odometer goes to 100K and then zero again. So we see "genuine" low mileage of only 50-60K!!??
At our last meet there was a guy there with a Grifo he had owned for the past 40 years and in that time he did one million kilometers in that car (and why wouldn't you?). And the Grifo looked like it was new.
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
4fuzzball

Post by 4fuzzball »

I always found them very easy to work on -a thumping great v8 designed for an American truck and the electrics have nice big mechanical relays.
and the running gear from an xj6.
having a chassis makes them more repairable when tin worm strikes ( pity they didn't make them with an alloy body like Bristols ).
Paintwork I am not to fussed about for a daily driver -if it looks too good some a hole will run a key down it but If it is to bad I will respray it.
When they were sensible money they could be used and enjoyed daily with no problem apart from the mpg but when they start reaching
dizzy hights- they end up being cosseted in a garage and taken out for an occasional spin and owners get worried about parking anywhere.
After all it is only a machine .

Return to “General Discussion”