NEC Classic Car Show November 2020 - Organiser's Anouncement

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
shaun

NEC Classic Car Show November 2020 - Organiser's Anouncement

Post by shaun »

Received today.

CLASSIC MOTOR SHOW UPDATE - 21.09.20
classic motor show update
THE ORGANISERS OF THE LANCASTER INSURANCE CLASSIC MOTOR SHOW, WITH DISCOVERY, HAVE DECIDED THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE BUT TO POSTPONE THE 2020 EVENT, DESPITE PULLING OUT ALL THE STOPS TO TRY AND MAKE THE ANNUAL SEASON FINALE HAPPEN.
Show Director Lee Masters explains: “Having been given the greenlight by government for organised events to resume from 1 October, we were so excited at the prospect of bringing the community back together, with all our COVID-secure measures in place to create a safe and controlled environment for all involved.

“Although the latest government update hasn’t changed this possibility, it is currently under review and has created uncertainty for both our exhibitors and visitors. With the weeks now counting down towards our open date we still don’t have the clarity needed from the government.

“Add to this the prospect of local lockdowns still being in place and the communities’ understandable concern about what an indoor event experience will be, even with all the precautions we’re putting in place, we have taken the decision to postpone this year’s event.

“As a team, we are extremely disappointed as we have done everything within our power to try and make it happen. We want to thank all our partners, clubs, exhibitors, visitors and suppliers who have supported our endeavours to bring the show to you this year. We understand that this decision will be a disappointment to many people who eagerly await the Classic Motor Show each year and look forward to when we can get together again.”

Those who have bought tickets to the show have a number of options available including transferring their tickets to next year’s Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show or the Practical Classics Classic Car & Restoration Show in March 2021. Visit FAQ page for more details.

All Car Clubs will be invited to submit their space requests for the 2021 edition if they wish to attend, while stand and sponsorship bookings will automatically be transferred to the 2021 dateline.

Lee added “While we won’t be coming together as a motoring community this year within the halls of the NEC, to celebrate the classics we love, we will continue to share stories, memories and news across our digital platforms.

"Silverstone Auctions will also continue as scheduled with what is due to be their biggest and best sale yet. We also will be honouring our commitment to help the Sporting Bears Motor Club raise funds for their chosen charities and hope the community will continue to support them as you have done so generously in past years.”
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
Martin R

Re: NEC Classic Car Show November 2020 - Organiser's Anounce

Post by Martin R »

Thanks Shaun, I posted the same basic message one minute before you in the Events section, so apologies for posting the same thing!
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
AlistairT

Post by AlistairT »

Was looking forward to helping out again this year , but it looks like the virus isn’t going away for a while, a tough decision to make by the organisers but if the rate is going up they have no option. At least next year we can have a bigger stand to celebrate 50 years of the JOC fingers crossed, keep safe people and hopefully catch up with you all next year..
Cheers Alistair
Alistair Thomas
Lancashire
541R
RajM
JOC Regalia Secretary

Post by RajM »

Thanks for the update Shaun. Sad but inevitable from what I can see and hear on the news these last few days. What a washout year 2020 has been... for the first time I probably will mean it when I say I can't wait to see the back of 2020!

Stay safe everyone...

Raj
1996 BMW 840Ci
1986 BMW 325i Convertible
Slave to my passion and Wife to the JOC Chairman :wink: :wink:
Helen

Post by Helen »

Thanks Shaun. I fear it was inevitable and I shall miss seeing everyone although not the aching back! That means no Jensen events for me this year which I never thought would happen. Hoping for a more sociable 2021.
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II
Kevin Birch

Post by Kevin Birch »

This is bad news, and unfortunately as I work for the NEC group we will have no income for the foreseeable future, which will mean at the end of October, when furlough finishes, I can only see company "re-structuring" happening. The exhibition and conferencing sector is in dire straights and is not being helped by the government at the moment unlike the arts, theatres etc which have had a cash injection to help a bit.
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067
RajM
JOC Regalia Secretary

Post by RajM »

So sorry to read this Kevin, lets hope things change with the current update lockdown... it is not easy for anyone at the moment. If only people would just listen and think before they act...

Raj
1996 BMW 840Ci
1986 BMW 325i Convertible
Slave to my passion and Wife to the JOC Chairman :wink: :wink:

Return to “General Discussion”