JOC Open Day and AGM

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.

Please indicate your view on attending a combined JOC Open Day & AGM

Poll ended at Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:33 am

I would be interested in coming to a combined Open Day and AGM.
70%
In the current situation, I would not be prepared to come to an event like this.
30%

Total votes: 23

Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

JOC Open Day and AGM

Post by Chris_R »

A JOC Open Day was planned earlier this year but had to be postponed due to the Covid-19 situation and the closure of the Leicester Space Museum during the lockdown.

The JOC International, at which we traditionally hold the JOC Annual General Meeting, was similarly affected and cancelled altogether.

The committee recently had a meeting and discussed the rescheduling of the JOC Open Day to Saturday 3rd October 2020 and also to hold the JOC AGM at the same time. For the AGM we would also investigate using video technology to allow JOC members to join that part of the proceedings via the internet but we have not yet worked out the details on this yet so this aspect is not a certainty.

The Leicester Space Museum have now confirmed that they are re-opening this coming Saturday, 8th August. I don't have any details of their Covid-19 mitigation procedures but I think we can assume that face coverings will be a requirement when inside any part of the buildings including conference rooms and that seating capacity will be reduced and more spread out. I am also not sure if there are seating capacity limits in place for conference type events, which of course may also change between now and October.

Given the current situation that Covid-19 has not gone away I think it only fair to gauge members opinions and feelings on coming to a combined Open Day and AGM at the Space Museum in October.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
colin7673
now normal...

Re: JOC Open Day and AGM

Post by colin7673 »

While I understand the context of this post, would it be fruitful to email all members and gauge the total of response from the emails and from here?
As not all members use the forum and these members could be the ones that reply.
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Keith

Post by Keith »

colin7673 wrote:While I understand the context of this post, would it be fruitful to email all members and gauge the total of response from the emails and from here?
Perhaps they intend to do that Colin?
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Thank you for your suggestion Colin, we have now done that.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
Kevin Birch

Post by Kevin Birch »

I think this is a good idea, you will get a number of members turn up, I for one would be willing to attend, but obviously you would need to know numbers and possibly have to restrict the number of attendees. There are companies out there that will set up video conferencing for you, they should be able to manage the live chat with non-attendees, so that you don't have every body talking at once, with the delays of the internet this can cause massive problems. It may be prudent to get members to submit questions prior to the AGM, but obviously there will be un-planned issues bought up that need to be discussed.
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

So having had one post removed I shall ask this difficult question again,

What was the outcome of the emails sent out and is this event going ahead?
RajM
JOC Regalia Secretary

Post by RajM »

Hi Colin,

An e-mail was sent out by Chris to all members today. I know for certain it was sent as it arrived in Karan inbox at 12:29...

Thanks Raj
1996 BMW 840Ci
1986 BMW 325i Convertible
Slave to my passion and Wife to the JOC Chairman :wink: :wink:
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

RajM wrote:Hi Colin,

An e-mail was sent out by Chris to all members today. I know for certain it was sent as it arrived in Karan inbox at 12:29...

Thanks Raj
Hi Raj

Thank you. I got mine tonight.

I asked again today because my original post was removed.
Krusty

Post by Krusty »

nope not seen mine
EX GTU864T MK111 J
Current JLO78K MK111 G

Membership No 8122
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

I wonder what would happen if half a dozen of us or so just happened to turn up in our Jensens at the space centre for a day out on the 3rd of October?

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Krusty wrote:nope not seen mine
Sorry if you, or anyone else, hasn't received an email. If we have your email address in our membership database it will have been sent but we are having a bit of an issue with some invalid / incorrect email addresses and some mail servers then reject valid emails after a certain number of incorrect emails are sensed as an anti-spam measure. It is possible the email to you was rejected somewhere along the routing before it was relayed to your email provider.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
witkowski

Post by witkowski »

I repleid directly to Chris but I'll ost it here, too.

I support the idea of an AGM on zoom. This has the tremendous advantage of enabling non-UK members to participate. It would be the best attended AGM ever!

As for the Open Day, perhaps members from around the world (time zones permitting) could do a walk-around their cars, particularly if the cars were parked in interesting locations.

The JOC should seize this opportunity to involve all members in these events.

Return to “General Discussion”