Paint formula

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
AndyA1

Paint formula

Post by AndyA1 »

Hi all from NZ
my JH is Tangerine with paint code ICI M030 8483 is there a source for the formula so i can tell my paintshop the mix - i live 500 kms from the shop so sending in a part sample of reasonabl size ( a headlight shroud is risky)

TIA Andy - new member
NigelK

Re: Paint formula

Post by NigelK »

Hi Andy

I got the formulation in the image below from a JOC member in Germany who restored a Mk1 Interceptor in tangerine about 15 years ago. He had a hidden area of paint spectrophotometrically analysed to give the formulation. Interestingly, it looks less red than the exposed area and the paint colour card. Whether it's the same as the colour of your J-H is impossible to say, but you can see plenty of images of his Interceptor here http://www.joc.org.uk/Interceptor_Mk_1/117_3139.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best wishes,
Nigel
Tangerine formulation.jpg
Tangerine formulation.jpg (168.71 KiB) Viewed 2010 times
IMG_0551.jpg
IMG_0551.jpg (56.64 KiB) Viewed 2010 times
Nigel Kieser
Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire
Interceptor 115/3484
Keith

Post by Keith »

Do they sell Glasurit paint in NZ?

They have the formula:

https://www.glasurit.com/uk/find-colour ... lor-online#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or contact Philip Barker at Jensen Motors NZ — I'm sure the question has been asked before!
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
AndyA1

Post by AndyA1 »

Thankyou Nigel and Keith
I will take this info to the Auto paint Store along with my headlight cowl for analysis

All the best Andy

Return to “General Discussion”