Concours Results

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Martin R

Re: Concours results

Post by Martin R »

Kenny38 wrote:Does anyone think this a smashing idea? Say something even if just no. Martin R. you are usually quick off the mark. 8)

I'm having a slow start and haven't been online much - too busy!
The usual format is that each person who entered their car, receives the marking / score sheets, so they can see which areas scored highly and which areas need attention to score more highly.
I should add, it is not something open for discussion. Each judge uses their own judgement. Not a case of right or wrong.
I doubt publishing them as such would achieve anything much.
Perhaps the Concours Secretary might consider sharing the score sheets with the cars owners?
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
johnw

Re: Concours Results

Post by johnw »

Phil Hayes wrote:
131 SP 394.JPG
Just a quick word of thanks to all of the organisers involved in this event and a big thank you to everyone who voted for my car. what a great surprise! (very humbling)
I thought you might be interested to see the car on the day I collected it. why do we do it to ourselves?
Thanks again
Phil
I can see why you bought that SP Phil. That is a gorgeous looking engine bay! Very interesting picture!
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Phil, I bet that when you bought your SP, the headlamp surround screws were NOT aligned!
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Regarding publishing results: I love the idea and would find it entertaining reading, but I think it might feel unfair to some contestants. The judging criteria/marks could be shared with the individual entrants, who could then publish then if they felt so inclined.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Phil Hayes

Post by Phil Hayes »

VFK44 wrote:Phil, I bet that when you bought your SP, the headlamp surround screws were NOT aligned!
They were, but not necessarily in the right order!
SP 131-4777
Kevin Birch

Post by Kevin Birch »

An interesting idea that has proven to be very successful. Well done all involved, to get the cars up to standard, and the judges who are Gods to be able to do this. Judging them would be my worst nightmare, I would rather put hot pins in my eyes.
Once again congratulations to all.
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067
RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

I would much rather have the results published privately to each of the car owners. It will help them improve their cars for next year, understand what the judges were looking for..

I would bet most people know where their weak spots are, it doesn’t need to be published for everyone else to see.

Just my £.02....

Rocky
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Fishyboy

Post by Fishyboy »

Hi all,
Congratulations to all who entered and all the winners.
Big thanks to Dave P for taking on the challenge.
Phil
Joint Southern Area Rep
J.O.C. Member 10659
1956 Jensen 541 95-5633
1961 Austin Healey 3000 BT7
1961 Volvo 131 Amazon - a Survivor
1968 Volvo 1800S
1969 Mk II Interceptor 123/3588
DPP

Post by DPP »

As Martin R commented the usual procedure is for entrants to pick up their marking sheet after the awards.
The marking is usually completed on printed sheets with a carbon copy, so the club holds one copy of results whilst the owner can have the other.

With this year being different and the marking was by 4 judges and not the usual 2. The judges received a spreadsheet for each of the 3 classes and each spreadsheet had all the marks for that class by 1 judge.
With 37 cars entered I did not want each judge to have to fill in 37 separate forms and then email them to the verifiers who would then have a huge amount of emails to sort out.
This means there are results for each car on 4 different spreadsheets so handing out individuals marks is not as easy as normal.

I am happy for any entrant to email me requesting a discussion on how to improve their marks should they enter again, I can then look through their marking sheets and photos before calling them to discuss this.
If you want to do this then email concours@joc.org.uk with a request and dont forget to include your phone number and let me know what time of day or evening is best to contact you.

I will not be publishing all the marking sheets as this has never been the procedure nor do I think it is fair to both the judges or entrants.
I can say I was amazed how consistent the judging was across all classes with no conferring between the judges and many entrants won or lost by a very small margin.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
Clive Bishop

Post by Clive Bishop »

Received my third place in Bronze class for the Interceptor yesterday very nice and shiney, unlike the car now as it is a bit dirty form a trip and we have had rain for the last two days and haven't had chance to clean it yet.

Many thanks again to Dave for organising it.....
1973 Interceptor Mk III 136/8332 - Moss Green
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 11362 - Magenta - Owned by Lindsey
1972 Jensen Healey Mk 1 10343 - Sadly too far gone and so now a donor car
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 12504 - Sold for potential restoration / racer
Anton001

Post by Anton001 »

Today I have received my 3 awards!!
Very nice!!
Thanks to all involved!!

Hope to see you all “live” in 2021 !!

Cheers