Air-conditioning gas

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Keith

Re: Air-conditioning gas

Post by Keith »

Basil McKinley wrote: CFC's (including R12) were replaced by HCFC's (including R134a) which are now in turn being phased down as they are potent greenhouse gases. R134a has a global warming potential (GWP) 1,430 times that of CO2. The latest synthetic refrigerants are the HFO's (including R1234yf with GWP of 4) which are extremely expensive and mildly flammable with toxic products of combustion.
Did Pat not explain all that in an earlier post?
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
007aircon

Post by 007aircon »

:lol: obviously not in a concise format ... My lack of university education shows through... I'm more practical than theory :lol:
ajc9415

Post by ajc9415 »

We like practical.
Adrian
1974 Interceptor Mk III 2240-9415
JOC Member 9648
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

My lack of university education shows through
Don't put yourself down. People who didn't go to university always seem to regret it, even if their career has been a huge success. Those who HAVE been are often more sceptical about the benefits. There's nothing wrong with further education, but if you can get the same results through self education and hard work, you are just as good.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Basil McKinley

Post by Basil McKinley »

There's nothing wrong with further education, but if you can get the same results through self education and hard work, you are just as good.
Couldn't agree more.
1970 Interceptor MkII 123/3798
1973 JH MkI 1141/12698
Joe Schiavone

Post by Joe Schiavone »

I can not believe I read this post. I visited a friend who I have seen in many years. A real car nut. He was cleaning his shop up and literally gave me 30 lbs of the liquid gold R 12 so I get home and my NAPA son in law just price on R12 30 lbs size cost his dealer cost is $1600. Wow. Many I can trade off my new found gold. RacerJoe

Return to “General Discussion”