California Sage / Cassis Interceptor MK II owners...

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Nicholas Lightbown

California Sage / Cassis Interceptor MK II owners...

Post by Nicholas Lightbown »

I wonder whether any of you fine people might consider indulging me?

Long story short: I am currently commissioning a respected artisan model maker, fellow classic/model car enthusiast and all-round jolly good fellow to build an Enco/Tin Wizard model on my behalf, and wondered whether any California Sage / Cassis MK II Interceptor owner might be kind enough to allow me to immortalise his/her 'pride and joy' in 1/43 scale for my private collection?

I shouldn’t imagine my proposal would be particularly onerous or troublesome – I anticipate all that would be required is a few images of your beautiful pride and joy in addition to trim specification particulars (presumably, I could source an identical paint match after referring to Calver’s ‘Original Interceptor & FF’; I own the 142nd copy?).

I can absolutely testify to the quality of the output of the gentleman model maker referred to – to date he has prepared an early Lotus Europa, Mini Marcos and Broadspeed Mini GT to my unique (demanding!) specifications - all absolute miniature jewels! At time of writing, an early (1/43 white metal) Maserati Ghibli, which will be finished in Giallo Fly (yellow), is under construction…

With profound thanks, all, in anticipation of your most generous consideration of my modest proposal/indulgence
Jensen fancier, intermittent owner of British classics
AH1951

Re: California Sage / Cassis Interceptor MK II owners...

Post by AH1951 »

This sounds a wonderful idea, Nicholas.
Please indulge me in posting some pics of what you already have.
Cheers,
Adrian
Nicholas Lightbown

Hello Adrian!

Please excuse the late response!

All models are made from white metal (preferred medium)

A couple of initial pics of the Europa are enclosed (with apologies, I'm no photographer!). Other pics can follow if you're not bored by them!

N
Attachments
DSC_0763.JPG
DSC_0763.JPG (63.76 KiB) Viewed 2177 times
DSC_0764.JPG
DSC_0764.JPG (70.39 KiB) Viewed 2177 times
Keith

Post by Keith »

The ENCO (Ernie Nott COmpany) models are very good and quite nicely detailed. The interiors are very good. Need a bit of work to make then presentable, but that's part of it.

Here's an Interceptor Coupe that I've yet to finish, but it's looking pretty good so far.
Coupe001.jpg
Coupe001.jpg (212.51 KiB) Viewed 2091 times
Coupe002.jpg
Coupe002.jpg (184.81 KiB) Viewed 2091 times
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
Nicholas Lightbown

Cool pic, Keith! I think I might own the 'sister' car, albeit without Wolfrace alloys and interesting diorama...
Attachments
DSC_0768.JPG
DSC_0768.JPG (97.5 KiB) Viewed 2054 times

Return to “General Discussion”