Jensens on TV

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
RockyUSA

Re: Jensens on TV

Post by RockyUSA »

I apologize… I haven’t searched this thread to see if this is a repost, if so, don’t click on the link!

The Doppio Agent…

https://youtu.be/1OOSpVmh_iE
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
johnw

Post by johnw »

RockyUSA wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:48 am I apologize… I haven’t searched this thread to see if this is a repost, if so, don’t click on the link!

The Doppio Agent…

https://youtu.be/1OOSpVmh_iE
Brilliant Rocky. I will need to be more careful with the big chrome button on the Mk1 stick. I'm sure Robbie had more than a passing input to the plot. Road to Mandalay etc.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
bashford1

Post by bashford1 »

Hi Richard,
By the by what a great thread, so enjoying it.
Richard, what channel are you watching “Celebrity Antiques Road Trip” on. I’ve searched but can’t find the episode with my car in it.
Maybe its the highest mileage I dont know. Currently 144,921, but now with reconditioned cylinder heads incl.hardened valve seats (thank you Mr Steve Payne sir) so hopefully another 144k available.
Brett
Thank You Brett
1974 MK 3 Interceptor ‪2240/9844 ‬
https://youtu.be/6tIHdaRxdHU
kenny38

For idiots only

Post by kenny38 »

Hi, All. Re high mileage. ONLY 145K miles on a fifty year old car. That is really un believable. I have had my SP for 34 years. Because the original engine was stuffed due to being used as pace car at racing events and running red/white hot I had a brand new high comp 440 put in 30 years ago. The odometer read zero on my taking her out of the engine shop. As you know the odo's on at least Jensen's got to 100K and then go back to zero. In my SP I have "done" now 120 odd thousand miles in 33 years and this was with a car fairly lightly used at around less than 5k per annum. I am sure your mileage is genuine and Pymmy is a gentleman but always do the numbers on really "sub 100K "cars. For people with boiling overheating problems i advise biting the bullet and getting a new radiator plus standard Ford (falcon)fans slotted in. I did that 30 years ago also and with new engine with driving for some hours non stop 110K's per hour in sometimes scorching heat have never had a boiling problem. Had a good garage take a look recently and they said car was in magnificent condition and like a new car. Bit different to when i first got her. Please don't ask how much I have spent over 34 years with everything fixed by pro's. No DYI. However now no rust and never a problem. Dribble resto for 30 years. Bugger freezing garages even if i was a gifted DYI mechanic There!! I have just invited Karma in the door. Kenny38
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Sorry folks should have been on another never to be admitted reading post. Don't quite know what happened. One minute was sitting at computer having a small drink and the next sitting on the floor dreaming of Grant. Kenny38
johnw

Post by johnw »

126/3328 a manual Mk1 did 180K miles before its first engine rebuild. That was some years ago.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Many cars can have over 200K at least and never need rebuilding. I have a Toyota Hi Ace with 420+K and she still runs very well. Also a Ford Falcon with 247K on the clock with no known issues. Just passed local MOT. When i hear/read that Jensen motor needs a rebuild because of "high mileage" often at just over 100K I have to smile. These big engines were made to do very large mileages.....they are only tarted up truck motors going to do a million miles after all. I think the owners lick their lips at the excuse to take engine out and probably bugger it up. Really 100K+ cars are the norm in most countries just look at taxies. Pymmy's ex car is a very nice perfectly car good for another at least 100K without pulling out etc. Kenny38
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

I have just seen an episode of 1960's TV series"The Saint", "the Russian prisoner" with Roger Moore and about half way through I am sure an early interceptor 4 litre went pass.....
Richard Calver

Post by Richard Calver »

Indeed, that was an early Interceptor. Black or dark blue, light interior like beige, a saloon, RHD. It may be INT74, a car with a couple of other movie appearances in the early 1960s.
JOC member 3551
Canberra, Oz
4¼ Litre H4/9103
http://www.richardcalver.com
tfmuch@bigpond.com
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Series 3 of the car year’s on ITV4 looks like it will be featuring a FF

This series is set in Ireland. Could this be Martin Kennedys fantastic FF????
Eddie

JOC 10030
Interceptor II 123/3901 CEA 1J
1970 Earls Court Motorshow Car
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

I'm embarrassed to say I can't recall the registration number of Martin's car.
Here's a screen shot from the trailer.
Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 5.15.19 pm.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 5.15.19 pm.png (439.17 KiB) Viewed 1088 times
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Series3Jensen

Post by Series3Jensen »

Hi all

DZU 825 is Chassis No 119/098 and indeed Martin Kennedy's car

Kind regards

Jim Smith
Mem No 1639
136/8791 RJF 17 Owned since September 1978
RichardGibson
JOC Scotland Rep

Post by RichardGibson »

Hi. Just watched the "Car Years" on ITV4.
The outcome was a disappointment when the Lotus Europa was selected over the Jensen Interceptor FF Mk1 even though I like the Europa, (probably my favourite Lotus, as it has quirky styling).
While watching, I caught the registration number of a black and white picture of an Interceptor FF registration number NEA 4 F.
Also there was an Interceptor newsreel shot registration TEA, unfortunately it was too fast to get the numbers.
Regards all
Richard
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

The FF was not very well during filming, and could not be reversed. Might have influenced the voting a bit...
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Kevin Birch

Post by Kevin Birch »

Myself and Martin swapped cars a few years ago in Devon, I'd never driven an FF before, and was surprised to find his throttle pedal quite heavy and stiff. He was as much surprised to find my throttle pedal very light and responsive, as he wheelspun it out of the carpark and up the road at a pace he wasn't expecting. His is a very nice car, and I will say, a very nice man, look forward to having a few more beers with him, he is good fun to be around.
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067

Return to “General Discussion”