Virtual Concours

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Fishyboy

Re: Virtual Concours

Post by Fishyboy »

Hi all,
Just submitted my entry for the virtual concourse.

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to create a thread for each category where we can load up our photos?

For those not in the know for the 1969 model year Jensen offered the drivers seat in a “partially finished state” in Neatsfoot oil brown.

Phil
Attachments
Fish Int II KRX 124H Interior.JPG
Fish Int II KRX 124H Interior.JPG (161.61 KiB) Viewed 6283 times
Fish Int II KRX 124H Offside.JPG
Fish Int II KRX 124H Offside.JPG (158.43 KiB) Viewed 6283 times
Joint Southern Area Rep
J.O.C. Member 10659
1956 Jensen 541 95-5633
1961 Austin Healey 3000 BT7
1961 Volvo 131 Amazon - a Survivor
1968 Volvo 1800S
1969 Mk II Interceptor 123/3588
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Given the issues some people have uploading photos then I think it is best to stick with emailing them to Dave Pearce as now.

I will speak to Dave / Raj about making them accessible, not sure if Raj already has something in hand.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Lovely looking car, makes me want to jump in and drive (wearing neatsfoot oil proof trousers of course.)
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
MarkC

Post by MarkC »

Just waiting for a few missing bits and pieces of kit for the boot contents, then I'll be uploading my pics for the Virtual Concours and throwing my hat in the ring... This has actually been a great incentive for me to got my finger out and finish a lot of fettling on my Series 3. Pics here (and pic of the boot to follow)...
1-Side View RIGHT.jpg
1-Side View RIGHT.jpg (202.8 KiB) Viewed 6191 times
2-Side View LEFT.jpg
2-Side View LEFT.jpg (183.23 KiB) Viewed 6191 times
4-Rear Three Quarter View.jpg
4-Rear Three Quarter View.jpg (256.35 KiB) Viewed 6191 times
3-Front View.jpeg
3-Front View.jpeg (216.54 KiB) Viewed 6191 times
5-Cabin to FRONT.jpg
5-Cabin to FRONT.jpg (202.4 KiB) Viewed 6191 times
6-Cabin to REAR.jpg
6-Cabin to REAR.jpg (166.88 KiB) Viewed 6191 times
7-Engine Bay - LEFT.jpg
7-Engine Bay - LEFT.jpg (224.78 KiB) Viewed 6191 times
10-Wheelarch REAR.jpg
10-Wheelarch REAR.jpg (166.57 KiB) Viewed 6191 times
Attachments
3-Front View.jpeg
3-Front View.jpeg (216.54 KiB) Viewed 6191 times
Mark Case
Belfast
136/8990 1973 Jensen Interceptor Series III
Follow my rebuild on Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/96485131@N02/
MarkC

Post by MarkC »

If anyone wants to see the perfume ad this car was in, here’s the link:

https://vimeo.com/277982639" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mark Case
Belfast
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

MarkC wrote:If anyone wants to see the perfume ad this car was in, here’s the link:

https://vimeo.com/277982639" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great piece of history for your car Mark. :)
Eddie

JOC 10030
Interceptor II 123/3901 CEA 1J
1970 Earls Court Motorshow Car
David28145

Post by David28145 »

Hello David,
I would like to enter my Jensen Healey OEC66L in Gold class virtual concours, and my Jensen SV8 OU07KWP in Silver class. How do you want me to submit the photos, and is there anything else I need to do ?
Best wishes,
David Booth
DPP

Post by DPP »

David28145 wrote:Hello David,
I would like to enter my Jensen Healey OEC66L in Gold class virtual concours, and my Jensen SV8 OU07KWP in Silver class. How do you want me to submit the photos, and is there anything else I need to do ?
Best wishes,
David Booth

David
I would love to have both cars, silver and gold class have a lot fewer entries than bronze and Healey's/SV8's are also very under represented.

Please send your photos to me at concours@joc.org.uk you can send the photos in as many emails as you want and I will sort them out, any problems let me know.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

So a question – if you submit your car at a higher level, are you ineligible for the lower level awards?

Say someone who submits their car in the gold class, they cannot be selected as a winner in the bronze class?

If so, I have to see how my pictures come out and make a judicious selection.
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
DPP

Post by DPP »

You are correct, you are eligible for the class you enter, either Bronze, Silver or Gold.

But these are the class awards, dont forget there are best in each model i.e 541, CV8, Interceptor, Interceptor variant, sports car ( Healey &SV8j. These go to the top scoring cars of each model and there are more points available for Silver and Gold class cars as they are getting marks for the boot, tools, engine bay and underneath on Gold class cars.

Bronze class has many more entries than Silver and Gold as is usually the case when there have been 3 classes to enter, I think many members underestimate their cars and many Bronze entries could do well in Silver. You may enter in whichever class you like but the top 3 cars in Bronze or Silver class would have to move up a class next year.

My advice would be enter Bronze if you just want the bodywork and interior judged.

If you have a tidy boot with a few or more tools (a jack with bag and wheelbrace even if you dont have the toolroll) and you have a clean engine bay then enter Silver.

For Gold class you will need the above plus the car must be clean underneath.

Dont forget that cars are judged on cleanliness first then condition and finally originality.

For anybody who is still unsure on which class to enter or entered in Bronze and is thinking of moving up to Silver contact me concours@joc.org and I will be happy to advise.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
MarkC

Post by MarkC »

Hi Dave I have just WeTransferred and emailed my entry to Zac Marshall at carshow@joc.org.uk.

Here is the body of the message - you may have some input into my questions too:

Hi Zac Hope you and the family are keeping well and healthy! As per your post on the JOC forum, I have just WeTransferred you my photos in submission of my series 3 Interceptor in the JOC Virtual Concours. Please note I have a business account with WeTransfer, so the notification will come from info@whitenoisestudios.com. As per the overall guidelines, I have submitted 12 main photos:

1-Side View RIGHT
2-Side View LEFT
3-Front View
4-Rear Three Quarter View
5-Cabin to FRONT
6-Cabin to REAR
7-Engine Bay - LEFT
8-Engine Bay - RIGHT
9-Wheelarch FRONT
10-Wheelarch REAR
11-Wheel Close Up
12-Boot Interior

I have also put a few extra ‘fun’ photos in, showing the car being used for a fashion shoot and a TV commercial, but I don’t expect these to be taken into consideration - as I said, just for fun. I have also included a PDF of all the above for quick reference (also attached here), and a copy of the book I produced detailing the entire rebuild - you’ll note at the end I’ve included the article on the car that appeared in the JOC magazine - again, just for fun.

NOW - SOME QUESTIONS FOR YOU…

1: I’ve read the various posts, instructions, threads and messages around the entry process, but I’m still a bit confused as to how the categories work. I get the impression that we choose ourselves which category we think our cars is likely to have a chance in, and supply photos for that category - eg: gold has to have a photo of the boot and tool roll (I did include one, but I guess I’m out here, as mine unfortunately isn’t complete but still a work in progress!). Maybe I’m reading the above wrong, but I’m erring on the side of caution and supplying every photo required for every category, so we shall see!

2: When is the judging and announcement?

3: What’s the chance of putting together some sort of commemorative book / mag / doc / web page of all the submissions? Would be great to see that…

Hope all the above makes sense and looking forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks and regards,

Mark Case
Mark Case
Belfast
DPP

Post by DPP »

Mark
Great to see your entry, could you send the photo file to concours@joc.org.uk and I will add you to the entry list.

You are correct that is up to you to choose the class to enter, but if you are unsure I am happy to advise.

The entries close at midnight on Sunday and the winners will be announced on Sunday 21st June which would have been the concours competition day had the International not been cancelled.

There is a gap as 4 judges will need to mark each car and then send their scores in to be counted and checked by our usual backroom team.

Zac is putting the entries together on the forum so that others can see and also to allow the cars to be judged for a members choice award. Photos will only be posted if the owners permission has been received.
This is found right at the bottom of the Board Index and your car is already on there. If you click on your name next to the photo you will see all your photos.

Hope this answers your questions but let me know if you need any more help.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Anton001

Post by Anton001 »

Hi Dave,

This is found right at the bottom of the Board Index...
Sorry but I cannot find this.

Anton
Jensen Healey Mk1 1123 / 11016
Jensen C-V8 MK3 112 / 2419
Jensen 541S / S1079

www.jensenholland.nl
DPP

Post by DPP »

Anton001 wrote:Hi Dave,

This is found right at the bottom of the Board Index...
Sorry but I cannot find this.

Anton
Sorry forgot to say you must be logged into forum and I think be a club member to see this otherwise it is not visible.

There is also non members section near the top of the board index.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
MarkC

Post by MarkC »

Hi Dave thanks for the reply. Any advice in which category to enter would be much appreciated. This is all new to me and I have no idea which I should be considering. Let me know your email address and I’ll WeTransfer everything over to you, including a copy of Stuart Turner’s JOC registrar insurance valuation report.

Cheers!
Mark Case

Mark
Great to see your entry, could you send the photo file to concours@joc.org.uk and I will add you to the entry list.

You are correct that is up to you to choose the class to enter, but if you are unsure I am happy to advise.

The entries close at midnight on Sunday and the winners will be announced on Sunday 21st June which would have been the concours competition day had the International not been cancelled.

There is a gap as 4 judges will need to mark each car and then send their scores in to be counted and checked by our usual backroom team.

Zac is putting the entries together on the forum so that others can see and also to allow the cars to be judged for a members choice award. Photos will only be posted if the owners permission has been received.
This is found right at the bottom of the Board Index and your car is already on there. If you click on your name next to the photo you will see all your photos.

Hope this answers your questions but let me know if you need any more help.[/quote]
Mark Case
Belfast

Return to “General Discussion”