Strange Times

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Strange Times

Post by VFK44 »

First came the news that Oil prices had fallen so low they are actually paying people to take it away.

Then this morning my insurance company (Admiral) contacted me to say stay safe, stay home blah blah, and then announced that because I would be using the family car less they were giving me an automatic £25 refund! A £110 million pound giveaway, as they described it. I only paid £220 to start with. Staggering!
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Wolfgang

Re: Strange Times

Post by Wolfgang »

actually we're having no glue what will happen in the nearby future, last time caused by Lehmann prices for luxury goods like our cars dropped - but Lehmann was peanuts against what we're facing now. Had some days ago a discussion with our general mayor, he expects a 20% loss in economy minimum...

Perhaps we should compare it with the situation post WW2, up to now we're not facing a shortage in food - but here in Belgium we're having an increase of price for vegetables, on the other hand the farmers are sitting on their potatoes.

Germany is actually stepping back from the restrictions - let's see what happens in the next 2 weeks with the R factor?

Many people will loose their jobs, financial institutes will cancel credits for houses a.s.o. due to non repayment - my opinion is that the recovery period to have the wealth as in 2019 will take minimum 5 years.

Take care and stay healthy
Wolfgang
Jensen Interceptor MKIII convertible
Ford GT 40
Ferrari F430 F1 (sold)
Lotus Super Seven (Westfield)
Mercedes SLK AMG
and some others...
www.doctors-garage.be

Return to “General Discussion”