Machine Tools

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Grant

Re: Machine Tools

Post by Grant »

jglarkin wrote:That EFI is nearly a year old so it’s pretty handy that I am ‘trapped’ at home and am being ‘forced’ to get on with putting petrol back on the car.
That manifold was all machined at home, I chose to let someone else to do the welding though.
So you've actually drilled through that manifold yourself to let the injectors straight into the inlet runners JohnBoy have you?
What welding John?Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
jglarkin

Post by jglarkin »

Sorry Grant, slow reply (busy in the garage)

‘Needs must’ you can’t buy Edelbrock injection for a 383 so I bought the 440 version, snapped up a second hand performer 383 manifold off eBay and drilled it full of holes! I had to make a jig to guide the drill ‘because I don’t have a mill’ :roll:
6AC09BDB-2E5E-4987-8556-0683FD810AD2.jpeg
6AC09BDB-2E5E-4987-8556-0683FD810AD2.jpeg (123.61 KiB) Viewed 2056 times
Short bits of rod welded in place, drilled and reamed, ground off in the ports. (Image happens to show the adding extra inlets for possible future Lpg injection!!)

I can’t get too excited about it being a good idea because I haven’t tried it out yet, lots to do; new alloy tank to fit, new fuel filler pipe to make, lift pump, high pressure pump, all new fuel lines lots of rewiring/wiring.

I’ve got to crack on so I can get the car filled up before the price of petrol goes back up! :D
Jon
C-V8 112-2355
541rr 3624319

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62752698@N06/albums
"The renovation story" (a large collection of rubbish pictures of a rotten car).
johnw

Post by johnw »

jglarkin wrote: I’ve got to crack on so I can get the car filled up before the price of petrol goes back up! :D
Fantastic. Hopefully you won't ever need LPG with petrol prices going the way they are! Might even be some synthetic fuel in a few years that needs extra ports.

It is great to see these tools put to use. I completely agree that Jigs are the way to go vs a mill. Amazing work. I like pillar drills too. :o :shock: :? :o
Especially with multiple leather drive belts and the variable speed & flexibility.
drillexposed.jpg
drillexposed.jpg (90.52 KiB) Viewed 2046 times
drillhead.jpg
drillhead.jpg (82.88 KiB) Viewed 2047 times
The danger is that these "solutions" become a distraction from the cars at some point. :oops:
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
jglarkin

Post by jglarkin »

Wow, looks like a ferocious dinosaur tied down for the protection of humanity! I’d probably end up using that thing as a rack press, I’d be too scared to use it as a drill
Jon
C-V8 112-2355
541rr 3624319

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62752698@N06/albums
"The renovation story" (a large collection of rubbish pictures of a rotten car).

Return to “General Discussion”