Interceptor Registration Numbers

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Series3Jensen

Re: Interceptor Registration Numbers

Post by Series3Jensen »

Krusty

Thank you for your response in respect of 128/4560 - Original Registration No COV 600 K
Apologies foir the delay in responding - i have been away for a few days

Unfortunately i have no information on this car
I did carry out a DVLA Registration NO check in March 2020 and the Registration Number came up as Not Found??
Do you have a specific interest in this car as i have no information on it apart from the Richard Calver Chassis Data book?

If i do find any additional information on this car i will let you know

Kind regards

JIm Smith
Mem No 1639
136/8791 RJF 17 - owned since September 1978
Krusty

Post by Krusty »

Series3Jensen wrote:Krusty

Thank you for your response in respect of 128/4560 - Original Registration No COV 600 K
Apologies foir the delay in responding - i have been away for a few days

Unfortunately i have no information on this car
I did carry out a DVLA Registration NO check in March 2020 and the Registration Number came up as Not Found??
Do you have a specific interest in this car as i have no information on it apart from the Richard Calver Chassis Data book?

If i do find any additional information on this car i will let you know

Kind regards

JIm Smith
Mem No 1639
136/8791 RJF 17 - owned since September 1978
This is the car that was started at 7:50 every morning when i was a kid that then roared off to work at 8 am
what an alarm clock eh ?
it went for restoration in about 1981-ish but i recently met that neighbor (after 30 odd years - we moved house in 1986) when he spotted me and my car (i moved back to this area recently.)
2 hours of chat about jensens and i offered to find out about his car.
its now gone for a fast and furious build (various people never finished the original restoration)
interestingly you dont see an interceptor often but the owner and myself live a 5 minute walk away from tony davis and his car :lol:
EX GTU864T MK111 J
Current JLO78K MK111 G

Membership No 8122
Midds

Post by Midds »

Hi Jim

I recently did a search to see what had become of our old car (PMF 59L) on google which led me to this thread, so I have rejoined the forum to give some background on the car which may or may not help you.

Interceptor SP 131/8008 (PMF 59L)

1972 car with factory fitted sunroof.

My dad purchased the car in 1983 from the then manager of Hot Gossip. Back then the car was tangerine with a black vinyl roof. I remember it vividly, roaring along country roads with Fleetwood Mack or Boney M blasting out of the 8-Track.

Around 1989, the car underwent a full restoration at Cropredy (New arches, Inner / outer sills and front wings etc). The car then underwent a change in hue from tangerine to its present (Nevis?) Blue with gold coach stripes.

Some time around 2000 the engine had a rebuild after a small fire erupted from under the bonnet and resulted in a re-bore to 7.5l with hardened valve seats and the ability to run on 95ron. I remember during this time spending an evening rubbing down some of the engine internals to take them back to their original steel or brass finish and remove all the accumulated dirt.

In 2010 the car carried my wife and I back from the hotel where we spent our wedding night to a brunch back at the venue where we were married and sat in pride of place outside while we ate - a hundred guests pored over the car and fell in love with it.

The car was sadly sold on in 2013, post my father's retirement, to previous forum member Scottv8 who did some work to it which included adding 4 rally style fog lamps (would not be my preference).

His sale advert is replicated below:

Full engine rebuild in 2000 using all new Hemi internals.
Six Pack in place and running sweet. New carb set a few years ago.
Rear axle rebuild with new crown wheel, pinion and bearings last August.
Brand New Air conditioning system just fitted and gassed.
Radiator reconditioned last week.
Hemi gearbox just been rebuilt.
Rear Coil over shocks just fitted with the leaf springs greased and wrapped.
The previous owner had the car for 30 years and has passed onto me a HUGE box file FULL of receipts dating back to the early eighties, totalling over ?50k.
I have a copy of the original build sheets, service history and paperwork from Robeys.
Original 8 track stereo and a selection of tapes are also included along with the original steering wheel although there is a Motolita fitted.

I also know, from a very old email from the JOC (may have been Richard Calver) that PMF 59L was not the original plate, but i don't know any more than that.

The car also featured in a JOC magazine article about the greatest Interceptor ever where my dad met with other members and they spent the day wafting or more likely blasting around in each other's cars - you may be able to find that article somewhere.

I don't know where the car resides now, but I would like to know (you never know, I may be in the market to buy it back at some point...)

I hope this helps a little. If you want to know more specifics on any point during the 30 years my father owned the car, I will happily try and dig those details out.

Kind regards
Anthony
...now Interceptor-less....*sniff*

Return to “General Discussion”