Interceptor Registration Numbers

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Krusty

Re: Interceptor Registration Numbers

Post by Krusty »

colin7673 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:37 pm So all this information your gaining. Does GDPR rules apply to any of this if the car I owned by a member ?
i realy didnt expect to read this here :roll:

if your starting with this "woke" crap, go buy a f$%king tesla, i get the feeling you are the clown who suggested some months back we all get tree huggy and make donations to some carbon robbing scam just because we drive v8 engined motors and should feel guilty, not me pal.....v6 diesel range rover, v8 diesel ford f450 for work and 2 smelly 2-stroke yamaha banshee quads for the weekends :lol: :lol:
EX GTU864T MK111 J
Current JLO78K MK111 G

Membership No 8122
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

i get the feeling you are the clown who suggested some months back we all get tree huggy and make donations to some carbon robbing scam just because we drive v8 engined motors
No I think that I was the clown, or at least one of them. I'm not sure that anyone felt that everyone had to do it though (I have not made a donation myself yet).
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
Series3Jensen

Post by Series3Jensen »

Colin

Thank you for your message

All of the information that i have obtained has been available in the open market place and is therefore not confidential in any form

I would dearly like to contact the Club as i am sure that they have an enormous amount of information on file from early membership details etc - but i have not, as this information was submitted by members to the Club - and not to me
If however club members or owners wish to contact me - i am very appreciative of this

I have instead chosen to trawl the market for any information - a slow process but something that interests me

I am also the at liberty to share the information with other Owners -,particularly current owners
I recently sent an original article to a club member in America on his car -at my cost - and he was very appreciative
Every member that has contacted me - is on my list and if i find any information on their car - i will share it with them

As some of our cars are more than 50 years old - there is a danger this information may be lost forever

I now have historical articles and adverts on more than 100 cars and i will be happy to send this original information to any owner - in the hope that it will then stay with the car

I have during my investigation also uncovered historical information on Gordon Keebles - another car that interests me
I have been in contact with the Club secretary and sent 2 envelopes full of historical adverts and articles dating back more than 40 years
He has advised that it was something the Club was looking to explore themselves and has been very appreciative of what i have sent - and it has bought back memories of earlier events that he was involved in
He awaits my next envelope

Kind regards

JIm Smith
Mem No 1639
136/8791 RJF 17 owned since September 1978
Series3Jensen

Post by Series3Jensen »

Kees

Thank you for your response regarding 2064 RK
I had not considered the possibility of this being a Dutch Registration Non 20 - 64 - RK

This particularly car was photographed in a Garage and appeared to be spaced as an English Registration No - but i will keep an open mind

Thank you - any response is appreciated in my search

Kind regards

JIm Smith
Mem No 1639
136/8791 RJF 17 owned since SEptember 1978
kees

Post by kees »

Although not legal some Dutch members have had silver on black or black on yellow number plates made in the UK and use them when abroad. Some use these (or the UK/USA original registration) for display purposes only.
Kees Oudesluijs
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Series3Jensen wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:54 am Colin

Thank you for your message

All of the information that i have obtained has been available in the open market place and is therefore not confidential in any form

I would dearly like to contact the Club as i am sure that they have an enormous amount of information on file from early membership details etc - but i have not, as this information was submitted by members to the Club - and not to me
If however club members or owners wish to contact me - i am very appreciative of this

I have instead chosen to trawl the market for any information - a slow process but something that interests me

I am also the at liberty to share the information with other Owners -,particularly current owners
I recently sent an original article to a club member in America on his car -at my cost - and he was very appreciative
Every member that has contacted me - is on my list and if i find any information on their car - i will share it with them

As some of our cars are more than 50 years old - there is a danger this information may be lost forever

I now have historical articles and adverts on more than 100 cars and i will be happy to send this original information to any owner - in the hope that it will then stay with the car

I have during my investigation also uncovered historical information on Gordon Keebles - another car that interests me
I have been in contact with the Club secretary and sent 2 envelopes full of historical adverts and articles dating back more than 40 years
He has advised that it was something the Club was looking to explore themselves and has been very appreciative of what i have sent - and it has bought back memories of earlier events that he was involved in
He awaits my next envelope

Kind regards

JIm Smith
Mem No 1639
Thank you for the explanation. Have to be so careful these days
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Krusty wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:18 am
colin7673 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:37 pm So all this information your gaining. Does GDPR rules apply to any of this if the car I owned by a member ?

if your starting with this "woke" crap, go buy a f$%king tesla, i get the feeling you are the clown who suggested some months back we all get tree huggy and make donations to some carbon robbing scam just because we drive v8 engined motors and should feel guilty, not me pal.....v6 diesel range rover, v8 diesel ford f450 for work and 2 smelly 2-stroke yamaha banshee quads for the weekends :lol: :lol:

Firstly, "woke" please explaine.

And yes I was the person who posted on the Forum some months back about making a donation to offset carbon footprint for our cars.
At that time of posting I was on the committee of the JOC and a member had approached me about this matter and wasn't sure if to post this information on the Forum or not, As a committee member I took this decision to email the rest of the committee and post on the forum to gauge interest. I had done some research on the matter and found this as not to be a "scam" and also found out that there was other car clubs doing the exact same thing, which I found interesting,

The out come of this post and committee was to leave this to the individual, which is fine.

But if I had not done all the above I would have been failing the member that brought this too me, failing my duty as a committee member, which in turn failing the club and if I was to fail all of this then why be on the committee.
As you wasn't happy with the posting then that's fine, we all have our own opinion on this matter. Also as this is an open forum and the GDPR rules apply to everything and anything now everybody has to be so careful, I was just making an enquirie.
Clearly you wasnt happy with my post, but that doesn't mean that you should lower your standards by name calling...
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Message for 'Series3Jensen'

Hello Jim,

I recently visited David Pearson in Wigton, Cumbria to carry out an inspection so he can, hopefully have the original registration put on the car. Details as follows:

Interceptor 3, registered 16.10.71, chassis no. 128-4285, original reg. JLO 72K

I then met up with Peter Spencer in Silloth, who has two Interceptor 3's: RPL 101M and BWP 743M. I don't have any more details, can get them if required.

Lastly neighbours down the road have an SP, reg. RRY 667K, again no more details.

Hope this info helps.

regards
David
Series3Jensen

Post by Series3Jensen »

David

Many thanks for your response - very much appreciated

In respect of 128/4285 - i had this car as being recently re-imported back to the UK - but that is all

In respect of RPL 101 M - i have this car as Chassis No 136/9052 and recently purchased by Liam Dicks from The Market Auction and unused since circa 2008
Is this correct?

In respect of BWP 743 M and RRY 667 K - neither of these registration numbers are recorded in the Richard Calver book
If you were able to confirm the Chassis Nos for both of these cars it would be greatly appreciated

Thank you again for your response

Kind regards

Jim Smith
Mem No 1639
dapper

Post by dapper »

Hi,I am David Pearson, I imported 128/4285 back from Sweden in September. The car was exported to Sweden in 1988. The Swedish registration number is BOF756 I am in the process with the help of the club to get the original registration number JLO 72 L reinstated to the car.The car was originally white but is now dark grey.
Attachments
1AF80ECF-4349-40F9-9D4B-DC4F472AE645.jpeg
1AF80ECF-4349-40F9-9D4B-DC4F472AE645.jpeg (155.08 KiB) Viewed 3670 times
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Hello Jim,

You are correct that RPL 101M went to auction in Oxfordshire but the sale wasn't finalised. Peter Spencer, member 11017, was on his way down to the auction and received a call that the car had been sold. Shortly afterwards the car was his! He now owns a second Jensen BWP 743M.

regards

David
Series3Jensen

Post by Series3Jensen »

Hi David (Pearson)

Thank you for your response on 128/4285 and for posting the photograph and additional information - very much appreciated
The car looks in very good condition

I have checked my list of advertised cars that i have not yet managed to put a chassis number against
The only one that has a match that is close, is a White car with Black interior advertised for sale by Classic Automobiles of London SW18 in March 1988
This advertised car is referred to as a 1972 car and i note that 128/4285 was Ex Factory on 15.10.1971 - so may or may not be the same car

128/4285 left the factory in White with a White Roof and Black Interior
Extras fitted included Sundym Glass, Air Conditioning, Town & Country Horns and a Learjet Radio/Tape Player
Engine No J2592/128G

Looking at the photograph, you certainly have a selection of very nice cars

Thank you again for taking the time to respond

Kind regards

Jim Smith
Mem No 1639
136/8791 RJF17 owned since September 1978
Series3Jensen

Post by Series3Jensen »

David

THank you for your further reply in respect of RPL 101 M and BWP 743 M
If you are able to confirm the Chassis Nos for either of these cars that would be very helpful

THank you for taking the time to respond

Kind regards

Jim Smith
Mem No 1639
Krusty

Post by Krusty »

colin7673 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:20 pm
Krusty wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:18 am

Firstly, "woke" please explaine.

And yes I was the person who posted on the Forum some months back about making a donation to offset carbon footprint for our cars.
At that time of posting I was on the committee of the JOC and a member had approached me about this matter and wasn't sure if to post this information on the Forum or not, As a committee member I took this decision to email the rest of the committee and post on the forum to gauge interest. I had done some research on the matter and found this as not to be a "scam" and also found out that there was other car clubs doing the exact same thing, which I found interesting,

The out come of this post and committee was to leave this to the individual, which is fine.

But if I had not done all the above I would have been failing the member that brought this too me, failing my duty as a committee member, which in turn failing the club and if I was to fail all of this then why be on the committee.
As you wasn't happy with the posting then that's fine, we all have our own opinion on this matter. Also as this is an open forum and the GDPR rules apply to everything and anything now everybody has to be so careful, I was just making an enquirie.
Clearly you wasnt happy with my post, but that doesn't mean that you should lower your standards by name calling...
series3jensen does an admirable job so dont go giving snowflakes any ideas (Snowflake is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions. Common usages include the terms special snowflake, Generation Snowflake, and snowflake as a politicized insult)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowflake ... 20opinions.

WOKE ***the act of being very pretentious about how much you care about a social issue***
The case in point would be "gas guzzling v8 engines" YES every owner here is guilty of polluting and if you start debating this here in an open forum, someone will get wind of it and it will put owners or the club on the radar to make a noise about it within the classic car world.
if it is then put to the TEST and it goes the wrong way..........you may make an educated guess as to the out come, especially if you watched the BLM folk smashing statues etc, people can get very aggrieved if you dont tow their line.

https://theconversation.com/where-woke- ... gon-122713

CARBON SCAMS *** its nice to be trendy ***
no its not a "settled science" and the debate rumbles on..........
the funniest thing i was told during a debate equated to 4 times the carbon emissions of the original fuel !!

https://yaleclimateconnections.org/2019 ... ts-a-scam/

nice clean power generating site ? read on........shame it doesnt mention the amount of diesel it takes to transport it all, and thus the amount of carbon produced
https://www.biofuelwatch.org.uk/axedrax-campaign/

and finally seeing as i have just sat here justifying myself i will explain the definition of a CLOWN in modern terms " Just a downright fool, someone who there's no other word for other than 'clown' it explains how stupid they can be and how little you think about them "
and by the above i dont wish to be derogatory but just possibly you remember my comments and "USE THE MEMBERS AREA OR PM THE GUY DIRECTLY" only a suggestion, but believe me plenty of people want old cars off the roads
EX GTU864T MK111 J
Current JLO78K MK111 G

Membership No 8122
Series3Jensen

Post by Series3Jensen »

Hi All

I thought that i would add a further list of Registration Nos that i have identified as having appeared on Jensen Interceptors
THese numbers could date back almost 40 years

If anyone is able to link these to a Chassis Number it would be appreciated
I have been able to identify a previous owner if this assists

DEK 1 D Mr Mel Farrar Conv RHD
HYY 52 J Mr U Woodhams 11 FF RHD
RVG 82 J 11 RHD
WAX 678 J 11 RHD
REA 45 L 1972 RHD
GFM 838 N Jeff & Camilla Royle RHD - did this become 4400 KR?
GOK 519 N Mr D Evans 111 RHD
TWC 979 N Mr Peter Keating 111 J RHD
OJD 816 R Mrs Bullock 1976 COUPE
URN 270 R Mr D Horton 1976 COUPE RHD
3 NTD Mr N T Davies 1972 SP RHD
3 VKM Mr J Bailey 1969 1 RHD
4 DJU 1973 111 RHD
5 TRO 1968 1 RHD
6 CNP 1972 111 RHD
10 KPP 1 FF RHD
127 TAR RHD
431 PO 1974 111 J RHD
888 TBH 111 RHD - ? Mr T Hall
999 TBH Mr T Hall 111 RHD
APL 878 Mr Richard Salter 1967 1 RHD
BJI 153 Mr Leigh WAtkins 111 RHD
BQL 795 Mr Dale Duncan Australia 1973 111 RHD
CEA 647 Hong Kong 1974 Conv RHD
IQV 153 Mr C Smit Germany 1973 111 RHD
JEN 4 1 FF RHD
NBT 11 RHD
SC 383 Mr Stephen Clark 1 RHD
SRF 1 Conv RHD
TOL 84 Mr Alan Benstead 111 RHD
YXY 20 1968 1 RHD
50 50 KD
BM PR 68 Germany
06 58 ZJ LHD
68 07 PP
71 98 YZ
AL 64 36
DR 45 26

I have received some responses to my earlier number lists, but there are very many registration numbers that i have still not been able to link to specific chassis numbers
Further information has also allowed me to make some links
A number of these registrations may be on cars that have not survived

Any help that individual members can give me will be greatly appreciated

It is likely that any registration number that i have listed now or previously, i may now hold an advert or article on and will be very happy to forward this to any current custodian

Kind regards

Jim Smith
Mem No 1639

Return to “General Discussion”