Keeping Busy Whilst Self Isolating

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Grant

Re: Keeping Busy Whilst Self Isolating

Post by Grant »

Here's another video if your name's John seeing as I have now worked out Lara's password to her I.Phone!!Image >>>> https://youtu.be/AXmNm97y-kU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Grant nice video

What you making?
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Grant

Post by Grant »

colin7673 wrote:Grant nice video

What you making?
WatchYa ColinImage.. It's a support beam, like a lintel but for going underneath an opening.. It actually goes underneath the opening of the bar-b-q that you missed out on :lol: .. I love working with Oak it is a beautiful material to work with, but my favorite timber to work with is Douglas Fur..Whilst cutting it you have the most beautiful sweet smell, it although a soft wood it is very hard and will outlast Oak. I had a few Douglas Fur trees cut up at the same Oak Saw Mill I use and made this building of it, actually all on that Bandsaw in the video, I made the whole front of this building actuall in my barn and then offered it all into place with hanging off of the front of my Mini Digger while I whacked( as in Carol Baskin done to her husband :lol: ) all the pegs into the tenons :P, Ps, when I just took this picture please escuse the lazy daughter & nipper out there in the way!! :evil: >>>
>>>
DSC08370.JPG
DSC08370.JPG (193.86 KiB) Viewed 4849 times
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Grant

Post by Grant »

Wolfgang wrote: But just bringing him back another problem occured, engine got too hot due to malfunction of the fan system. So afterwards I checked with the help of the wiring diagram and workshop manual. My system seems to be different as described. The Temp sensor on the left side is not connected, there is also no wiring. Instead of that I'm having a system which seems to be thermopneumatic (never seen before in this function), other sensors I didn't find. Is this really the temp sensor? Which of the 3 relays in the fuse box is the one corresponding to the fans? In my wiring diagram there are no fuses for the fans (but my fuse box has a fuse box)?
Interestingly yesterday working on the fuse box cleaning all the parts with contact spray and grinding them a little bit, then checking afterwards the fans turned on. Being happy I wanted to detect which fuse responsible, took them out, then in again - afterwards malfunction again?
Out of your experience - what is the most probable reason for malfunction?
Thanks a lot for your advise
Wolfgang
GangerManImage, It doesn't seem like your set up is original, so it is difficult to help you, why don't you try to temporarily wire up the existing otter switch that is in the radiator with the fans via a relay and test the car to see if it remains running at a normal temperature.. I am not sure what this thermopnumatic switch is even is, I can guess but how it is working in your application I cannotImage, so I can only suggest reverting it back to how it should be and see if it keeps it cool, it should do because in my opinion these cars with the existing cooling system work fine as long as the cooling system is flowing Ok,.. I always use a house hold Central heating cleaner to flush the cooling system, once we know that is all ok then the system as standard set up with standard fan keeps it all at normal running temperature, so that is what I would do Ganger man :wink: , there are tiny slots in the head gaskets that get blocked if a the system is not run with distilled water and and anti freeze, the bottom of the rad get silted up etc too, so that is my advice GangerMan, you should be able to trace the wiring back from the fans and find any relays and fuses in the circuit although I know that is time consuming :wink: .. Go do it Ganger :P
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
jglarkin

Post by jglarkin »

I love the woodwork Grant. (I’m allowed to watch the video because I’m a Jon).

Tears started to well up in my eyes at all the joy and beauty of it all until you used the word ‘jigsaw’. You can’t go-at a lovely piece of wood with a jigsaw. You have to use chisels and other sharp things. Next birthday ask for some proper wood beautifying tools.

Here’s one
Attachments
FC0BE986-5A12-42DC-9B5C-95AD77FDCCB6.jpeg
FC0BE986-5A12-42DC-9B5C-95AD77FDCCB6.jpeg (300.18 KiB) Viewed 4786 times
Jon
C-V8 112-2355
541rr 3624319

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62752698@N06/albums
"The renovation story" (a large collection of rubbish pictures of a rotten car).
jglarkin

Post by jglarkin »

jglarkin wrote:
colin7673 wrote:
jglarkin wrote:Maiden voyage is up to London to join in with the Waterloo Classics protest drive about the extension of the congestion charge.
I hope you understand that it will not make any difference.. The mayor wants more money to waste.

Politics over.
It was a nice day out but there were far too many cars on the road, all that traffic was just terrible, it really spoilt the event. :shock:

Grant, is that what they mean when they say 'crank up the heat'?

Found some evidence on the internet, I love this picture, driving on the inner circle Regents Park, that’s my son Jack in his recently acquired BMW behind me. (Poor lad has got ‘the old-car’ bug).
Attachments
B83A717D-A28B-4C37-B5A7-82E7BF89DF6C.png
B83A717D-A28B-4C37-B5A7-82E7BF89DF6C.png (1.43 MiB) Viewed 4787 times
Jon
C-V8 112-2355
541rr 3624319

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62752698@N06/albums
"The renovation story" (a large collection of rubbish pictures of a rotten car).
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

Good morning old guy,

yes really a strange system, also not seen a system like this before. The cooling system itself works very well, when getting the car I flushed the system completely (I use a standard water pump out of my garden, around 3-6 bar pressure) the afterwards filled the system with new prepared coolant (you don't have to add distilled water)
It's only the fan's not working. Will do like you advised, checking the existing electrical temp sensor if he is switching, adding a relay and then bypassing the existing system. In addition a simple switch to start them manually when temperature is rising.
By the way -which is the relay for the fans in my fuse box- I assume the black one in the middle.
Today I'm getting the polished inox side skirts, so the afterwards the lady is really looking well...
It's time for a turn :D :D :D
Jensen Interceptor MKIII convertible
Ford GT 40
Ferrari F430 F1 (sold)
Lotus Super Seven (Westfield)
Mercedes SLK AMG
and some others...
www.doctors-garage.be
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

3F731176-176F-4F86-B490-F3EE031041EF.jpeg
3F731176-176F-4F86-B490-F3EE031041EF.jpeg (143.64 KiB) Viewed 4716 times
4DCB602C-A6BD-469C-AAA3-9665F436857E.jpeg
4DCB602C-A6BD-469C-AAA3-9665F436857E.jpeg (104.11 KiB) Viewed 4716 times
just improved my sound system for the front doors. Embedded the loudspeakers in 18 mm wood, coating it in the front side with 2mm carpet to avoid vibration, in the back with antiresonance material ad the mounted all together in the existing frame. Hope it works in the door as well as when testing it outside.
Ford GT 40
Ferrari F430 F1 (sold)
Mercedes SLK AMG
and some others...
www.doctors-garage.be
Grant

Post by Grant »

Wolfgang wrote:Good morning old guy,
By the way -which is the relay for the fans in my fuse box- I assume the black one in the middle.
Ganger Man.. I am not sure which relay it is .. only by tracing the cabling back.. It would be best to post your query in the Interceptor tech part of the forum.. someone will know, but some of the Tech'y people may not read this section you see.. they probably have no interests in Bar-B-q's and whatever we get up to on our time off :lol:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Now that my shoulder (post op') is finally starting to work somewhat as it should, I had a go at replacing the fluorescent lamp in my illuminated (copy) Jensen sign.
The old fitting was causing my garage lights to trip, so I decided to get an LED strip as a replacement.
The first issue was that the strip came supplied with a 13amp UK style plug-in power adaptor and all of my signs connect to a 2amp lighting circuit with round pin plugs.
Duly, I ordered a suitable LED driver which could be wired in to suit my needs.
Then I connected it all up on my bench and it worked fine.
Then I hung it up properly, with everything put back together, plugged into the round pin sockets and turned on and it didn't work.
So I removed it, checked everything again on the bench and it worked.
So I re-hung it all again and it didn't work...
I then discovered, back on the bench, that the new light has a motion sensor switch built in.... On the bench it detected my movement but once on it's own, of course there's no movement to detect.. There is apparently no way to bypass this switch, so, finally, I unscrewed the motion switch, cut the wires thus bypassing it, connected those wire ends to the LED driver and finally, I have a light which turns on when I turn on the wall switch.
It only took my about 2 hours to figure that all out...
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

hey old guy,

will shift it to tech forum. But having a nice bbq is much better than non working fans. If the meat is as great as your bbq looking I'll be your permanent guest :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ford GT 40
Ferrari F430 F1 (sold)
Mercedes SLK AMG
and some others...
www.doctors-garage.be
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

Jon is that BMW a nice 520 or bigger engine? Had the 6cylinder as 325 convertible (E30). Great car
Ford GT 40
Ferrari F430 F1 (sold)
Mercedes SLK AMG
and some others...
www.doctors-garage.be
Grant

Post by Grant »

Martin R wrote:Now that my shoulder (post op') is finally starting to work somewhat as it should, I had a go at replacing the fluorescent lamp in my illuminated (copy) Jensen sign.
The old fitting was causing my garage lights to trip, so I decided to get an LED strip as a replacement.
The first issue was that the strip came supplied with a 13amp UK style plug-in power adaptor and all of my signs connect to a 2amp lighting circuit with round pin plugs.
Duly, I ordered a suitable LED driver which could be wired in to suit my needs.
Then I connected it all up on my bench and it worked fine.
Then I hung it up properly, with everything put back together, plugged into the round pin sockets and turned on and it didn't work.
So I removed it, checked everything again on the bench and it worked.
So I re-hung it all again and it didn't work...
I then discovered, back on the bench, that the new light has a motion sensor switch built in.... On the bench it detected my movement but once on it's own, of course there's no movement to detect.. There is apparently no way to bypass this switch, so, finally, I unscrewed the motion switch, cut the wires thus bypassing it, connected those wire ends to the LED driver and finally, I have a light which turns on when I turn on the wall switch.
It only took my about 2 hours to figure that all out...
"Picture" or None Of Us Believe You Martin!!!Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

It's not hard to fix, Martin. You just leave the sign hanging up permanently connected to power, but unlit.

To operate, you connect your switch to a desk fan, pointing at the sign. When switched on, it will gently waft the sign to and fro, activating the light. Obvious when you think about it.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Grant wrote: "Picture" or None Of Us Believe You Martin!!!Image
A picture will only show an illuminated sign, not the pain I went through!
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905

Return to “General Discussion”