Banned from my Local Garage

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
RAP72
V8 Lover

Banned from my Local Garage

Post by RAP72 »

Last year I complained to my local garage that I believe they had ‘broken’ a brake pipe whilst doing an MoT. When I asked them to repair the pipe they said they did not have time and that would take at least a week before they could slot my car in to have the brake pipe fixed. As I required the car that weekend I arranged for the RAC to tow the car to another garage that could, and would, do the job. Cost to me £160 to fix and £90 tow fee as the RAC will not recover a car from one garage to another. I then presented the car for a re-test within 24 hours. The garage then said they could not do a retest for a week or so that necessitated my driving 20+miles to another MoT test station that could do an on the spot/ while you wait MoT.

Naturally I though a letter of non-appreciation was in order and politely pointed out that my mechanic had been told by the ‘mechanic’ who MoT’d my car that he flicked a speck of dirt off the brake pipe and that this had caused the failure.

Today when presenting my other car for an MoT he was told they will not deal with me or my cars.
RogerBrotton

Re: Banned from my Local Garage

Post by RogerBrotton »

1. Letter to DVLA
2. Letter to Local Trading Standards
3. Name garage, so local Club members can avoid it.
4. Walk away, Steve, enjoy the Jensen, life is too short for aggro.
Oxymoron

Post by Oxymoron »

I'm surprised you took it back to the garage which gave you problems before.

I have a garage local to me which I always used for servicing and mots, but after a couple of issues I've stopped using them, which is a pain as they are only a few minutes walk away.

I don't trust them anymore though!
JOC Member 10887
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

I would ban you too, I can imagine just how stiffly those words would have been worded.
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany

Post by Jens »

Wallace wrote:I would ban you too, I can imagine just how stiffly those words would have been worded.
Very well said, Mike - can confirm on my own experience with said rapper.
In order of appearance:

(sold) C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
(sold) FF MkII 127/243 (sold)
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
(sold)Jensen GT 1610/30257(sold)
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

This very day I was thrown out of the We Buy Any Car.com depot.
I laughed at their derisory offer and said to the guy that he was, and I quote, “yanking my chain”.
He took umbrage and told me to leave which I was glad to do.
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

I used to use a garage a few miles from my house for MOT's. The guy would always find something to either fail or put an advise on the ticket. Some in my view were very picky and not needed but what did I know? After a few years of this I tried to book an MOT with him and was told he had no appointments for at least a couple of weeks. I was told about another guy who was ''fair'' on classics. I booked my car in and after 40 mins he passed my car with no advises :shock: . Even a couple of things that had been advised on the previous year he just said that is fine on a classic car.

He now MOT's many Jensen's and other classic cars. He uses his common sense and if it needs failing or advising he will.

I have since heard the station I used to use no longer MOT as they were not getting enough MOT's to justify keeping the MOT bay.

As far as We buy any car a mate took his 2 year old car in rather than get fleased part exing it in but was shocked when they offered him £2500, they even reckoned it had been painted and had excessive trim damage. The car was immaculate with 12k miles on it and still smelt new inside. In the end he part exd it and got £7k, a big loss but better than the crazy offer from those crooks.

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

I was very wary not long after arriving when the guy said that although they were quiet at the moment, he expected to be busier due to Corona virus as people became desperate for money.
He couldn't explain how / why the price they offered reduced by 60% despite the car being better than expected.
I really think that a lot of their process is a well rehearsed sham.
I'm confident he ordered me out before I had chance to properly call him out on the charade.
I was happy to oblige
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

Richie wrote:This very day I was thrown out of the We Buy Any Car.com depot.
I laughed at their derisory offer and said to the guy that he was, and I quote, “yanking my chain”.
Did you have that red sports shirt on Richie?
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Wallace wrote:
Richie wrote:This very day I was thrown out of the We Buy Any Car.com depot.
Did you have that red sports shirt on Richie?
no they would have taken pity on him

Return to “General Discussion”