Coronavirus - Message from the Chairman

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
shaun

Coronavirus - Message from the Chairman

Post by shaun »

Many of you will by now be aware that many events around the country at which the JOC may have intended participating at or individual members were considering attending have now been either cancelled or postponed.

As Chairman, I would not wish to see any member or member of their family or their friends put themselves at risk just for the sake of attending a car show or similar. There are far more important things in this world that need to be sorted before we start thinking of attending shows or events.

Therefore, with immediate effect, I have taken the decision that the JOC will NOT be attending any events in an official capacity for the foreseeable future. I have taken this decision after careful consideration and in the knowledge that the situation regarding our Public Liability insurance is unclear as the Coronavirus is not a listed condition that we are insured against.

I realise that this may come as a disappointment to many of you, but I trust you understand why I have taken this action.

Below is a statement on behalf of the Committee:-
“The JOC Committee is keeping track of the current COVID-19 situation, and whilst some of our planned events are still currently shown as going ahead, we fully expect that we will be advised otherwise by the Venue, Government or further updates from the NHS that such events will be forced to be cancelled or postponed. We advise you to take all necessary precautions for you and your family and to follow the NHS advise or contact NHS 111 if you are unwell or have concerns”. If however, we are forced to cancel an event we will do everything possible to ensure we can re-schedule the date/event for a different date when it is clear to do so. We will inform you if any funds will be transferred/refunded or lost for those that have already paid if the event is to be re-schedule/cancelled.”
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Re: Coronavirus - Message from the Chairman

Post by VFK44 »

The Spring Break, and possibly the International, may well fall under the maximum number of participants that constitute a "banned event" under government plans at the moment, but I assume that you mean these are cancelled/postponed too.
This will answer Steve's question.
https://www.joc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30609
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
RajM
JOC Regalia Secretary

Re: Coronavirus - Message from the Chairman

Post by RajM »

Hi,

There was no Spring Break weekend planned for this year, and Chris Reed has confirmed that the Open Day will be re-schedule. I am sure all other events will soon follow with an updated...
1996 BMW 840Ci
1986 BMW 325i Convertible
Slave to my passion and Wife to the JOC Chairman :wink: :wink:

Return to “General Discussion”