Tesla / Electric Vehicles

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
AH1951

Re: Tesla / Electric Vehicles

Post by AH1951 »

There are some good reasons to have electric vehicles, but reducing 'Carbon Emissions' is not one of them.
(Man-made) Climate Change is a fraud.
Wind turbines are a fraud.
The so-called deadly 'pandemic' is a fraud.
Last edited by AH1951 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

I was having a bit of a banter with a mate last night extolling the fiscal virtues of the new electric car. I told him I had done about 800 miles so far using 180KWs. That works out at about 3p a mile; OK possibly because I had filled up at the Children’s houses when I visited them and used some of my ‘free’ supercharger miles. I conceded that the real world cost was probably 4p per mile. I was enjoying my BMW friends pain until he asked what was the cost of the Jensen per mile-33p!
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

RAP72 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:36 pm I was enjoying my BMW friends pain until he asked what was the cost of the Jensen per mile-33p!
Do you really get 18mpg out of your Jensen all the time? That is amazing.

When I first got my Interceptor I used to keep a log of all fuel purchased but I gave up on that after I had spent over £1000 and that was 21 years ago when it cost £50 to fill it up. The scary thing is I have now done about 120k miles in mine and I dont want to guess how much I have spent in that time.

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Steve Payne wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:12 pm
RAP72 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:36 pm I was enjoying my BMW friends pain until he asked what was the cost of the Jensen per mile-33p!
Do you really get 18mpg out of your Jensen all the time? That is amazing.

Steve
It depends if you are buying or selling; but I have got 18mpg on occasions. As I have said before on my first trip [before the engine was rebuilt] I got 12mpg on the way to a meeting and 8mpg on the way back - when my wife was asleep :D
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Never-Ready.
Just look at that elegant shape.

:roll:
Screenshot_20210728-072255_Daily Mail Online.jpg
Screenshot_20210728-072255_Daily Mail Online.jpg (83.46 KiB) Viewed 2805 times
Dion

Post by Dion »

You used it here tongue in cheek for that ugly angular shape.
But "elegant" is a word that cannot be used anymore when describing modern cars. Or trucks.
The future ain’t what it used to be.

Interceptor Mk1 LHD & RHD
GT LHD
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

Steve Payne wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:12 pm
When I first got my Interceptor I used to keep a log of all fuel purchased but I gave up on that after I had spent over £1000 and that was 21 years ago when it cost £50 to fill it up. The scary thing is I have now done about 120k miles in mine and I dont want to guess how much I have spent in that time.

Steve
Ah yes, but the experience is remembered long after the price is forgotten.

Lots of ££ of course, but surely great value. :D
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

My wife just told me they will be introducing clockwork cars in London city centre next year, but she might be winding me up.
:roll:
4490.jpg
4490.jpg (126.57 KiB) Viewed 2754 times
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

I predict sales of new Rolls-Royce and Bentley cars in the UK will collapse from 2030 as very few people will want them.
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

I have said before, we will see the end of car ownership as secondhand electric cars will be far to expensive to replace batteries, so more and more people will start too lease, the leasing companies will broker a deal with car manufacturers to lease..
As cars become fully autumanus there will be no need to own a car. But at the moment that's years ahead because of far too many veritables that need sorting
At my age I will not need to worry about it, but I'm not sure whether feel sorry or envy the younger generation.
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Last edited by AH1951 on Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

AH1951 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:37 pm I predict sales of new Rolls-Royce and Bentley cars in the UK will collapse from 2030 as very few people will want them.
I think electric propulsion will suit luxury cars perfectly. Smooth, silent and responsive.

Those are the very qualities that a luxury vehicle should deliver. Indeed, those are the very qualities that most look for in any car.

Bentley themselves claimed, and for decades have striven to produce, the "Silent Sportscar". Now they finally can.

Given that Tesla already offer a three motor 1,000 bhp car for around £100,000, I would expect Bentley to offer quad motors and around 1,500bhp. I expect the well heeled will continue to be happy to part with the circa quarter of a million or so that a Roller or Bentley costs.
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

Something that you will never get with an Electric Car how ever amazing it performance and styling is some one will ask you to to start it so they can listen to the sound.

I have been asked numerous times to start my Jensen for this very reason. The burble is part of the charm. How many of us have wound the windows down when you go through a tunnel?

Yesterday I was in a multi storey car park, a Jaguar I pace went past me and I have to go to say the sound left me cold. Blindfolded it could have been a milk float.

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

The entire electric car industry is predicated upon a Big Lie.
Man-Made Climate Change.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-McJLBkMBrw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YBO8M-vWNNk
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

Steve Payne wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:55 am Something that you will never get with an Electric Car how ever amazing it performance and styling is some one will ask you to to start it so they can listen to the sound.

I have been asked numerous times to start my Jensen for this very reason. The burble is part of the charm. How many of us have wound the windows down when you go through a tunnel?

Yesterday I was in a multi storey car park, a Jaguar I pace went past me and I have to go to say the sound left me cold. Blindfolded it could have been a milk float.

Steve
Yeah, the noise of say a big V8 or howling V6 is something we'll miss. But the same can't be said of the everyday turbo diesel...

And what's more important? Sound or substance?

Return to “General Discussion”