Sale of new Petrol & Diesel only cars to be banned from 2035

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
kees

Re: Sale of new Petrol & Diesel only cars to be banned from

Post by kees »

Not to worry to much. Mainly politicians ramble.
The electrical grid will not be up to all electric heating and cars. Not even by 2035. And how is electricity generated? At the moment and for a long time to come mainly by burning coal, gas, brown coal, bio mass, nuclear.
Environmental friendly?
Mental.
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

kees wrote:Not to worry to much. Mainly politicians ramble.
The electrical grid will not be up to all electric heating and cars. Not even by 2035. And how is electricity generated? At the moment and for a long time to come mainly by burning coal, gas, brown coal, bio mass, nuclear.
Environmental friendly?
Mental.
I agree- although one argument I heard is that when you produce electricity in a plant it is easier to deal with the pollution than in millions of individual cars and heating systems.
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Unfortunately the politicians ramble will have real world lasting effects. Vehicle manufacturers are all scrambling as fast as they can to provide electric cars without worrying where all the electricity to run them will come from (it's not their responsibility).
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

From the Lamborghini website:

The sports car of the future uses electricity instead of gasoline. Electric systems generate high efficiency and offer several interesting characteristics like the possibility to recover kinetic energy and to deliver huge peaks of power. In order to take the most from the opportunities offered by electrification, the accumulation system must be power-oriented and symmetrical, to allow high performances and the greatest energy recovery possible. To harvest this opportunity, today’s batteries are not enough and a big leap forward is needed: Lamborghini aim is to develop an innovative supercapacitor able to close the gap with conventional batteries in terms of energy density, preserving an outstanding power density.

Lamborghini aims to reduce weight and to increase the availability of electric energy using structural electric energy storing composites as a rechargeable battery. The target is to improve the nanomaterial technology, diffusing nano-charges in CFK-based panels able to store electric energy and in the meantime to form the body and structures of the car. At the same time, the project aims to combine the technology to monitor continuously the whole carbon fiber structure, both visible and invisible, with the concept of health-monitoring: the goal is to provide for the Terzo Millennio the ability to conduct its own health-monitoring, to detect cracks and damages that might occur after accident, throughout its substructure, while limiting or reducing to zero the risks correlated to the presence and propagation of cracks in the carbon fiber structure.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

https://www.lamborghini.com/en-en/model ... -millennio" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Felix Kistler
JOC 9465

Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Yeah, I can understand that as well as you can. :? :?
Chris
JOC Member 6116
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

I'm impressed that they've developed "invisible carbon fiber structure."
Could be tricky to repair?
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

I didn't see that.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

AH1951 wrote:I'm impressed that they've developed "invisible carbon fiber structure."
Could be tricky to repair?
Nah it's easy. It's called invisible mending. You can't see the joins.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

:) :) :)
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

damn, you guys are good. I had lost track well before that... (symmetrical??)
Felix Kistler
JOC 9465

AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Last edited by AH1951 on Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

The tricky part is integrating the thin sandwich structures of CNT fiber veils and an ionic liquid-based polymer electrolyte between carbon fiber plies, followed by infusion and curing of an epoxy resin.
Obviously.
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Last edited by AH1951 on Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

Hopefully another country that is embarking on this electrification process will fall flat on its face so we realise that it cannot work unless something dramatic changes in the infrastructure.

Can you imagine it, you get home after a long day and plug your car in, the power is off because everybody else is doing the same. You cant even have a shower or cook your dinner. Maybe we will all have petrol powered generators in our garages to provide electricity for our own needs? :lol: You wont even be able to get to work the following day as you have not been able to recharge your car.

I think as more and more people buy new electric cars and houses switch to electric heating the system will start to collapse and hopefully the government in place ( who ever it might be) will realise they need to delay the process before the country grinds to a holt.

Something needs to be done what ever happens, we only have enough fossil fuel for another 100 or so years.

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

The Lamborghini plan sounds like science fiction. It may happen one day, it would free up designers to mould the cars into any shape. I do not know why no-one is investigation the limitless power of dilithium crystals. This really will transform everything. But till then, I do not think the internal combustion engine is obsolete. They can run on alcohol and this has a relatively low carbon foot print , perhaps the government should look into this... I think taking oil and OPEC out of the equation is not a bad thing....

Return to “General Discussion”